Dropbox Acquires Mailbox To Sync Email With Cloud

Dropbox - one of the most popular file sharing and collaboration service has acquired Mailbox - a unique email client for iPhone. Today, mailbox announced that they've been acquired by Dropbox. Mailbox had reached over 1.3 million downloads in the app store just in a month's time and Dropbox currently enjoys a loyal user base of over 100 million users. On their homepage, mailbox team writes that instead of growing on their own, they've decided to join hands with Dropbox to scale faster.mailbox-dropbox

Both the companies haven't clearly mentioned how they'll alter their offering post merging of the two services but it's likely that dropbox will begin offering email synch through its client. It'd be quite interesting to follow up on that.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

College of engineering (CEG), Guindy will conduct BioSpectra 2013, an annual Technical symposium which will be held from Thursday, March 21 to Friday, March 23, 2013. BIOSPECTRA’13​Biospectra'13 - The National...
In season of rain due to heavy moisture in air, i.c. engine run smooth with LESS KNOCKING and feels good. I think if we set a device with air filter...
I am looking for a little bit of advice. I'm taking the FE in April and graduating in May with a B.S. Civil Engineering, and I'm getting out there and...
Around 20 hours ago, Samsung unleashed its most anticipated Android Smartphone : Galaxy S4 which is shipped with 1.6 GHz Octa-Core Exynos processor. On the same day, Samsung unveiled their...
I have a data set on Product Review Classification. The data set contains multiple reviews each review labelled with a rating. The review has each word and the no. of...