Downloading software bigger than available disk space

Yesterday i was downloading a mechanical design software from the net.

But then a dialogue box appeared saying that the software required around 320 Mb , while i had only 207 Mb free on the hard disk. it asked whether to install anyway , to which i refused.

now what would have happened if i had agreed ? would my PC have crashed ?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm assuming you're using Windows Operating System. Typically, when the application being downloaded or installed is larger than the available disk space, Windows throws an error informing about the limited space. But it offered to proceed anyway, in that case; the software installer would abort after being unable to extract the file to the disk. I doubt it'd cause your PC to crash.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    No Crash I think. As Bigk said just an error would display and then abnormal termination of the program.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    You file will not be downloaded and if you try to download file bigger than available space system will get stuck/hanged.
    Cleaning up temp file may create some space. try #-Link-Snipped-# small utility but still works .
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Thank you guys.
  • Kedar Malwadkar
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Which software it was?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    Kedar Malwadkar
    Which software it was?
    ansys
  • Mayank25
    Mayank25
    Surely the system was not crashed !!!! but abnormal termination of program was held....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

frnz ,plz do suggest me sum useful projects and their detials....
Guys, what's so special about Differential of Hummer? I heard that it locks when it gets into mud. but want a detailed information about it. can anyone provide it?
why do we use diesel externally in a compression engine unlike fuel air mixture in petrol engine??
nothing about me....!!!!!!!!
i want to be a skilled electronics engineer....! i wish dis group will help me in dis respect....!!