Downloading big file using DHCP

Hey guys,
I have not practically experienced it but a doubt came in my mind.

Suppose i have obtained my IP from DHCP server and the server refreshes IP addresses every hour an hour.Now say i am downloading a video(500MB) from youtube with 10kb/sec. What will happen ?

As after half an hour my IP will change then still download will remain continued or gets failed ?

Please answer it...

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    umm, I believe the cleint can extend its lease time when its lease duration is about to expire. This should be applying not only when a file is being downloaded , but as long as you are conencted to internet.
  • Sachin Jain
    Sachin Jain
    @ Durga....(The Networking Champ )
    Thanks i got it...
    I am interested in computer networking...
    If you know any website where i can find some logical questions Please tell me...
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    umm, i geenrally refer to standard books like kuros and ross or cisco publications.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

HEY guys.. I am looking for a pic microcontroller that supports AT COMMANDS.. it's for our thesis project.. a water-level detector that automatically sends an SMS report. pls help..
Deep Kalra founded MakeMyTrip, a leading travel portal from India is all set to expand its operations outside India. The company is acquiring Singapore based Luxury Tours and Travel for...
Microsoft's IE9 release candidate is now available. The latest version of browser just leaped a step ahead nearing gold release. IE9 RC is now officially available for download from following...
I thought of posting a review of recently released RC version of the Internet Explorer 9. But then thought of making it a group review. IE9 RC is available for...
IAN Incubator has initiated a series of workshops for entrepreneurs across different cities to educate aspiring entrepreneurs and start-ups on challenges faced by them and help them in tackling these...