Dont have a macBook but want to learn iOS app. development ?

i am curious to learn iOS app development but i dont have a macBook PC ? how hard would it be for me ? what domain of problems might i face ?

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    iOS application development is not big deal. You can use Open tool-chain for iphone SDK.(This is for Linux,IDK about Windows)
    But hey that's just 'development'. Getting application in 'App-store' is most important part of Project which can only be done using Mac OS X.

Why not buy an Apple Macbook, if you're really interested in iOS app development ?
    (I don't suggest it though, Better go Opensource : Android, Firefox OS or maybe latest Ubuntu Touch ?)
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    iOS app development or OSX app development?
  • Dhaval Pujara
    Dhaval Pujara
    The Airplay SDK #-Link-Snipped-# is a C++ framework that lets you develop in either Visual Studio or Xcode. It supports both 2D and 3D graphics. Airplay targets iOS
    hope this helps

but one thing that i tell you to register as a i-os apps developer registered cost of $100 i guess so required and yaa if apple finds you by using virtulization you are running OS-X then they may banned you from developer
  • Alok mishra
    Alok mishra
    Kaustubh Katdare
    iOS app development or OSX app development?
    iOS, I have no idea about OSX !!
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    MOD NOTE : We have few rules that we follow in CE. We don't share nor suggest illegal products here in CE.

Here, what I mean is, talking about running OS X in Virtualization is nothing but violating EULA which you accept while installing OS X. Inshort, no sharing & offering tips/tricks for Hackintosh.

Since OP's question is not about Hackintosh, hence talking about running Hackintosh in VMware is irrelevant.

--------------------------------------

To OP @#-Link-Snipped-# You can develop iOS application even if you don't own Mac.
    But you won't be able to push it through Apple App-store without Mac running OS X.
    I hope that solves your query.
  • avii
    avii
    You can push it to App Store with working on hackintosh. You don't actually need a mac. But you have to pay $99 USD for developer account.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Java is a horrible language!! Linus Torvalds creator of linux said this! I agree,java is the worst programming language
Can anyone please suggest a name for branch Magazine for Computer Science and Engineering department for our college. So far I have gone through suggestions like The Byte and Casopes...
Sometime back there was a demo video of a drone quad copter delivering a pizza zeroing on a mobile through which it was ordered. Now there are kits on sale...
With a maximum of 500 HP power, locking axles, high ground clearance and near vertical approach angle this off the road Romanian fire and rescue truck Gheo has every exigency...
Quite often in some sort of disaster management exercise it is necessary to deliver large volume fluids to people in less than ideal surroundings. Paramedics find the going tough. Here...