Don't brush this off - Toothpaste is here to stay

Quote:
It's been part of humanity's hygiene regimen for more than 4,000 years, but have you ever stopped to think what's actually in the stuff you're smearing across your teeth? The ingredients of modern toothpaste may read like a mad scientist's shopping list, but they're far better than what our ancestors had to endure for healthy teeth.
Endquote

What the Heck Is Toothpaste Anyway?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I've began using the toothpaste offered by Patanjali - which I believe are totally made from natural ingredients. Most of the times, I rely on the 'dant manjan' (again by Patanjali) and I couldn't be happier.

I'm turning totally against rubbing man made chemicals on my teeth in the morning. The results have been excellent so far.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    In my village we still use small twig of Neem tree (brush+paste+tongue cleaner 😁).
    Planting a Neem tree in your backyard is simplest solution. If backyard is not big you can make a bonsai of 10-15 ft. It will serve for generations in many things and dental problem, not a chance.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    We used to make our own starting from rice husk, which was slowly carbonised and ashed. Rice husk has almost 50% silica of fine particle size. Activated carbon was added to this ash and a little salt.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Somehow my grandparent's and parent's teeth feel much stronger than the younger generation. They used the dant-manjan (the powder) and used fingers instead of tooth-brushes in their growing up years.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

OPPO Mobile India is here with the new iteration of their old smartphone by launching the OPPO Neo 3, a Dual SIM Android phone that's priced at Rs. 10,990. The...
Every party big or small requires music and if your budget is low, hiring a DJ to play the music isn’t an option. Keeping the budget conscious public in mind,...
XOLO India has come up with a new Android phone called the 'XOLO Play 8X-1100', the latest addition in the company's Play-series of smartphones targeted at gaming enthusiasts. Joining the...
I was reading a book the other day that got me thinking about how so many people are unable to take charge of their lives, (despite or due to) the...
electrical related business with good groth prospects in future i m sarthak khanna, b.e. EEE from MIT, MANIPAL. i would like to start a manufacturing unit i have capital and...