DoloArts - The GodCommerce (eCommerce+GOD) - What's your opinion?

I stumbled upon an interesting startup called DoloArts.com - an ecommerce startup based out of Tirupati. Doloarts sells photo-frames of the Indian Gods and Goddesses. The products listed on the portal include digital photo frames, Tanjore Paintings, Gold Plated Photo Frames, Digital Arts Frames, Paintings and Drawings along with option of customised photo frames.

A quick look at the prices give an impression that the products are economical and come with 'Money Back Guarantee'. I however doubt whether people will actually 'return' a broken photo frame.

What do you think about the markets that this ecommerce startup is trying to address? Do you think they're on to tapping an untapped markets? What do you think would be their exist strategy - say an acquisition by Flipkart?

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    There are a few of these. One sells a Kuber and Lakshmi package containing golden likenesses of these purveyors of prosperity, a stand, an invocation and the hope that it will rain gold on the buyer. More likely on the seller in my opinion.
    If Fair and Lovely (this really makes me see red) can do a huge business on dreams, why not Gods and Goddesses?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    One thing everyone knows is the product sells all over India and abroad. I believe 2012 and 2013 will see a trend that everything typically sold 'offline' will move 'online'.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Ok so I need suggestions on how to handle a set of data that has over 260,000 individual values in it. I don't need to do anything really fancy with...
Hi 😀 I'm confused about my syllabus. The subject name is Computer Programming and Utilization (subject code: 110003). I've "Programming in ANSI C, Forth Edition, E Balagurusamy, TMH" book. And...
Just stumbled upon photos of Tushek Renovatio T500 - the supercar from Slovenia. I must say the looks impress me. I searched the Internet and found following information about the...
I am junior instrument engineer and i need books of PLC and automation. Please someone guide me for my request. I want a book named Automating Manufacturing Systems with PLCs...
After reading THIS ARTICLE I googled a lot of really what arduino is. Only thing I understood is arduino is not capable of doing things that needs access to complex...