Does Windows Turn Off Wi-Fi Adapter In Sleep Mode?

I've had this question in mind since long. When I put my laptop in sleep mode does the wi-fi adapter get turned off? Or does it remain functional? I've no way to verify as the adapter has no LED to indicate the on/off status.

Can someone throw more light on this?

Replies

• durga ch
    durga ch
    yes, i think the adapter too goes into kind of sleep mode only to wake up when the system is active again.
    Hmm as far as the reason behind it goes - I aren't too sure but may be kind of power saving? i do observe this behavior in my comp
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    In sleep mode, the computer usually tries to shut down all the inactive processes & services. However, I've noticed that in my laptop, the Wi-Fi connection is always on [as soon as I bring it back to active state from sleep state] the internet connection is 'on' as if it was never turned off.

Can someone confirm this?
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I checked my wlan and wired lan, my system stop pinging and stop ftp service ( I run ftp service from my computer), as I sleep my computer. on awaking computer everything start as they never stop.

So, I think on sleeping computer wifi also sleep.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Alright, that's one way of checking the status. I'm bit surprised how fast the wi-fi adapter reconnects to the network 😀
  • Derriper
    Derriper
    yes this is true because at that time your system is going off.

#-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just found this video about total station. This was produced and presented by Archangelo Tucci, a BCM 2009 graduate. I hope you'll learn a lot😀 [video=youtube;UqRFTMJVax4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqRFTMJVax4&feature=related[/video]
Here is a lecture on Dynamics of Machines by prof. Amitabh Ghosh from department of mechanical engineering IIT Kanpur. You can watch this video lecture, ask questions, share your views,...
Here is a lecture on Dynamics of Machines by prof. Amitabh Ghosh from department of mechanical engineering IIT Kanpur. You can watch this video lecture, ask questions, share your views,...
Our project is an AGV working on the line following principle. The AGV is intended to transport books in our college library. We intend to make it AUTONOMOUS. We've fabricated...