Does Apple need an Indian CEO?

So, it's been a while since Microsoft and Google have got Indian CEOs. Indians have been proving themselves all across the world. But owing to the fact that the Apple brand as a whole has been menacing the entire Consumer Market with their premium niche category, I would like to drive a discussion on the impact that might change this - Does Apple need an Indian CEO?

Here's a tweet that I just saw which might just fuel this discussion:-

[​IMG]

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    No they don't. In fact, Google and Microsoft just happen to have the right talent that's born in India. I'm sure they didn't pick up their candidates based on their native places.

The thing is that - these companies follow a 1 year innovation cycle; just to keep up the sales keep the shareholders happy. Unfortunately, 'major' technical innovations won't happen every year.

Personally, I'm all done with the phones. I'm not impressed by faster processing power or high-end gaming on mobiles. So these incremental innovations don't impress me at all. Give me a solid phone that takes super good pictures indoors and I'm sold to you.

The innovation curve will 'flatten' for a few days or years before something game-changing happens and then we'll have another wave of innovation.

...and I think Tim Cook is doing fine running the company. It's not his main job to innovate. Apple's got Jonny Ive and others to do that. Picking up an Indian CEO won't make any difference.

That said, I'm convinced that the next big thing will come from India in the next 10 years.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    Indian style of doing things is what I was pointing at. There's a hybrid thinking involved in this. My 20 cents says that Apple needs innovation big-time and it seems they're doing it in the wrong way.

"Give the people what they want? - Na na na - that's not how we at Apple work... We tell them what they want!" - How much longer will this attitude work?

Here's a review of the New iPhone 7. Which is exactly why this conversation even crept in. It's not like Apple doesn't know what people want, but they just are not ready to give it in one piece.

If you're a consumer with a budget - just forget Apple!
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Indian Space Research Organization does not just takes pride in its glorious space-exploration history but has also served the country a continuous chain of missions to reach the zenith in...
A disc of dia 300 mm and thickness of 5 mm made of mild steel.It has to be rotated by a motor at a rpm of 100.The motor shaft is...
Please find the attached pdf file citing the co-ordinate details for manufacturing a boring profile in a mild steel round piece on CNC Lathe(turning centre).Would anybody be kind enough to...
Please find the attached pdf file citing the co-ordinate details for manufacturing a boring profile in a mild steel round piece on CNC Lathe(turning centre).Would anybody be kind enough to...
The Directorate General of Civil Aviation has banned Samsung Galaxy Note 7 on flights. The Ministry of Civil Aviation has advised passengers to avoid carrying the phone in their check-in...