Do not toss food into the bin just because the 'Best Before Date' is over.

Just two days back a friend asked me about throwing out date expired food. Common sense and not a printed date should prevail. How do we handle food cooked by ourselves? We eat it if it tastes right. There is no date on such food. Usually these 'Best before' dates are arrived at considering extreme conditions of storage. I do not know how much good food is trashed in urban India because of the date.

Here is a take on this:
Lifehacker | Do everything better

Bioramani

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Yes sir, I will simply say, that this is not a good thing.

Thousands and lacs of tons of food grains are wasted even when people are hungry. On the contrary we should first take care not to waste existing food whether processed or simple food grains.

Please check this. #-Link-Snipped-#
    Hungry People – Rotting Foodgrains | Youth Ki Awaaz

Can we somehow prevent this? If not on a large scale then at least in our personal life?

What say people?
  • gohm
    gohm
    You can also compost any food wastes. Also, if you eat healthy fresh fruits and vegetables you don't have stamped dates to worry with either. =)
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Nice share man... May be, you can give out the food which is extra after a party by calling some 1098 in India... Correct me if am wrong.. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Can any one please provide me with BS 3963:1974 Code Thanking you in advance Vyas
I'm not a SUDOKU fan, however this thread might help many enthusiasts. I invite all CEans interested in Sudoku solving to share tips and tricks and their their record timings...
I always had a special interest in human psychology... Although I never got a chance to pursue it... anyway.. I wanted to share something about this with all the CEans......
hi friends, I am in between my exams and need to find out fast if Mahindra and Mahindra offers internship program or not. (I heard in negative 😭 ) Please...
Hi friends, I was thinking how to make things more sound proof? I learnt some basics when I was in seventh grade which we all know. But can anyone suggest...