Distance learning or correspondence MBA

Can anybody tell me some good colleges for Distance learning or correspondence MBA. Is there any difference in the two?

I have 3.5 yrs of experience in IT and its not feasible for me to do the classroom course. Do you think it would be worth doing these courses. Will they help in future. And from where?

Suggestions are welcomed.

-CB

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Is it worth doing the course - NO.

Distance learning is quite different from the correspondence course. Distance learning is similar to classroom learning except that the lectures are delivered over video links. Correspondence courses do not need the candidates to attend classroom. Rather, the course material is periodically sent to your mailing address.

CrazyBoy, I guess the best option would be to try for executive programs. You may also aim for ISB (Indian School of Business)'s 1 year program, which I think is the best in India.

That said, you will have to clearly define your expectations from the MBA program / degree. That's the single most important thing!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    Is it worth doing the course - NO.

Distance learning is quite different from the correspondence course. Distance learning is similar to classroom learning except that the lectures are delivered over video links. Correspondence courses do not need the candidates to attend classroom. Rather, the course material is periodically sent to your mailing address.

CrazyBoy, I guess the best option would be to try for executive programs. You may also aim for ISB (Indian School of Business)'s 1 year program, which I think is the best in India.

That said, you will have to clearly define your expectations from the MBA program / degree. That's the single most important thing!
    You know Biggi, one was always to add a tag of MBA 😁 another thing which I could think is it may help in enhancing my knowledge as well.

For executive course minimum requirement is either you should be among board of director of any organization or you should have minimum experience of 6 yrs. Anyone correct me If I am wrong?

My problem is I can not leave my job due to some commitments so can't do the classroom course even for a year.

Suggest?

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    crazyboy
    You know Biggi, one was always to add a tag of MBA 😁 another thing which I could think is it may help in enhancing my knowledge as well.

For executive course minimum requirement is either you should be among board of director of any organization or you should have minimum experience of 6 yrs. Anyone correct me If I am wrong?

My problem is I can not leave my job due to some commitments so can't do the classroom course even for a year.

Suggest?

-CB
    The MBA Tag, huh?

No one will even notice that you are an MBA ( unless of course, if you learn to throw buzzwords in meetings 😉 )

Jokes apart, if you want to go for MBA only to enhance your knowledge you may go for correspondence or distance learning course, whichever is available & suits you. However, as far as my experience goes, no one has ever learnt a thing by only reading books.

As you said you can't take a break from your job for dedicated learning, you do not have more options (am I right here, CEans?). Check if any reputed institutes offer correspondence/distance learning courses.

... I won't be of much help here. Over to you, CEans! [​IMG]
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    The_Big_K
    The MBA Tag, huh?

No one will even notice that you are an MBA ( unless of course, if you learn to throw buzzwords in meetings 😉 )

Jokes apart, if you want to go for MBA only to enhance your knowledge you may go for correspondence or distance learning course, whichever is available & suits you. However, as far as my experience goes, no one has ever learnt a thing by only reading books.

As you said you can't take a break from your job for dedicated learning, you do not have more options (am I right here, CEans?). Check if any reputed institutes offer correspondence/distance learning courses.

... I won't be of much help here. Over to you, CEans! [​IMG]
    Thanks for the candid suggestions Biggi... CEan's suggest...?

Anyone of you have heard about FMS / IMT / Symboisis correspondance courses. Are they worth? In Comparison to other?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    can I suggest

Do Part time 😀

Thats what i am into .
    One of my freinds back in India is actaully doing correspondence from Symboisis..He is a full time employee as well

I can ask him for details if you insist!😀
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    durga
    can I suggest

Do Part time 😀

Thats what i am into .
    One of my freinds back in India is actaully doing correspondence from Symboisis..He is a full time employee as well

I can ask him for details if you insist!😀
    Yup, Please that would be great.
  • abhiraut
    abhiraut
    Hey even i am looking for information on PART TIME MBA.If any body knows details about it please do tell me like what is the duration and which are the good colleges for doing part time MBA etc etc.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Hi CB,

Had a chat with my friend Dharvesh who is doing his correspondence MBA in Symboisis
    khan.dharvesh: it starts in july
    2 yr course
    online exams/assignments
    can b completed in 4 years

durga: oh cool

so how many subjects per sem?

khan.dharvesh: 5-6

per sem

durga: bloody s**t

thats so many

khan.dharvesh: main streams

durga: how do u manage ?????

khan.dharvesh: im still MANAGING

still in 1st sem

durga: tera exm kab haine?

khan.dharvesh: anytime
    its up to us
    to decided
    *decide

durga: oh nice

😀
    atleast you have an option to write when u can
    and fees kya haine???

khan.dharvesh: fees is abt 28000 includng examination fees+books

durga: per sem?

khan.dharvesh: NO thats it..

hope this gives you enough information...😀
  • jaiho123
    jaiho123
    Hello CEans,

I had a word wid my Senior regarding Correspondence MBA from IMT, Ghaziabad.
    He is pursuing the same, Its a 3 yr program wid 5 to 6 subjects per sem.
    He told me that one of his friend got a packg of 9 lac when he was in his 2nd year but i dont know how he managed to get the job as institute do not provide any campus recruitment program.

Thanks,
    Jaiho123
  • aashima
    aashima
    crazyboy
    Anyone of you have heard about FMS / IMT / Symboisis correspondance courses. Are they worth? In Comparison to other?
    I have been collecting details of correspondence in MBA recently for a friend. I don't have much idea, but Symbiosis is pretty heard about as far as correspondence courses in MBA are concerned. As for IMT, as has been said, the one thats "academically" equivalent to the regular one is a 3 year course. Forms are out in decembers and course starts in januarys. (Thats the first batch that starts in a year).
    There are one year correspondence courses too in IMT. They are specialization courses. Well, before going for correspondence, make sure of your priorities. MBA is more an experience than a course or degree. It consists more of quizes, presentations, surveys than theory. If you want to be an MBA, go for regular course but if you only need to add value to your resume, you can think about correspondence then.
  • Gopal Dinesh
    Gopal Dinesh
    Correspondence MBA?Can anybody tell me please what is best university for doing correspondence MBA in India & in which field we can get better oportunity after doing MBA.
  • allenanderson
    allenanderson
    crazyboy
    Can anybody tell me some good colleges for Distance learning or correspondence MBA. Is there any difference in the two?

I have 3.5 yrs of experience in IT and its not feasible for me to do the classroom course. Do you think it would be worth doing these courses. Will they help in future. And from where?

Suggestions are welcomed.

-CB
    Hey there are a lot many good colleges for distance learning MBA program.
    The thing is that how many of those good online schools or colleges are accredited..?
    The quality of education and the institute matters a lot. A tip for you is that before you select any online school, do look for that is it accredited with DETC . Distance Education Training Council (DETC) is aremoved. This accreditation body is also recognized by the USDE and CHEA and is recognized by most employers aswell.
    Just google before you decide anything and for if you ask for a resource of accredited online schools, vsit: Information Guide to Find Colleges Universities and Higher Education -
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    here i have a small information.
    IIM B is offering Executive MBA for 4+ years experienced people.
    The course is for 1 year.

Make a try , my opinion on distance and correspondence is just you get a MBA degree but no good knowledge (My opinion)

So wait for 1 or more years and try doing in ISB that course is for only one year so i think we can put the job apart.
    😎
  • vivianD.850
    vivianD.850
    Some time ago I decided to do a #-Link-Snipped-# but yet I still do not know which one I should attend. Has anyone suggestions according an excellent online college which offers a MBA program? Do I have to consider something special when choosing an online college? I think I am currently a bit lost and therefore desperately looking for some useful information. Hope that someone has all the answers to my questions. thx in advance
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Hey CB
    The distance MBA is Symbiosis is started so whats your status are you applying or not?
    i have a collegue who joined in 2007 so experienced guy i can ask help so let me know the update?
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    CB whats the update?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    I am not applying for the same.

If I will do it I will do it from IIM's or ISB. After doing engineering from NIT and 4 + yrs of experience, I dont think MBA from Symbi is worth. Is it?

-CB
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    crazyboy
    I am not applying for the same.

If I will do it I will do it from IIM's or ISB. After doing engineering from NIT and 4 + yrs of experience, I dont think MBA from Symbi is worth. Is it?

-CB
    Cool ! Liked your decision and spirit 😀
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Crazyboy, then why were you looking at correspondence courses / distance learning courses? Thank the heavens that you made the right decision. A PGDM just might be the last of your formal education, then it makes sense to finish with a bang and do an MBA froim the best institutes!! Simple sense.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    That's a great idea CB.

Let us know when are taking up GMAT as for ISB you need GMAT not CAT.
  • ronnie666
    ronnie666
    World is constantly changing and progressed a lot in the field of science and technology which results in a big change in our lives as compared to people living centuries or even decades before. Life in this new era of technology is even faster than ever, people always try to manage their time in order to get things done in timely manner. To achieve this people want more and more things according to their time frame/schedule so that they can handle them as easily as possible.
    Understanding this I suggest you to go with . MBA while considering that the online school you choose should be registered with higher authorities to get authentic degree. IES National center for education statistics conducted a survey for the academic year 2006-2007. Findings indicate that during the academic year; distance education enrollments in the US rose from around 3.1 million in 2001 to the estimated 12.2 million in 2006.
    For choosing online institute, I suggest visiting , a search engine which impressed me a lot with it’s data base and directory of well known online institutions as well as traditional ones. Here a link listed, hope it will help you. Good Luck !!!

Admin Warning:
    Do not advertise on CE Forums without prior permission.
  • ONeillyN.
    ONeillyN.
    hello there, I know a few good colleges for distant/ online studies, but you should tell us first, in which direction you would go, or field you want to set foot in. That is a very important fact, because there are several universities, that only provide one field, just like art or music or entertainment. It is very important, to tell what direction it should be. But above all, it is a good idea, if you have an
  • Alexandra Grayson
    Alexandra Grayson

Fairfax County Public Schools' online campus is a blended option.  Virtual Virginia is a compliment and complement to education for Virginians.  As Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology (TJHSST) plans for the next 25 years, the proposed $84 million bond and additional funds for their singular brick and mortar ideas are archaic -- especially compared to the paltry amounts proposed for other FCPS schools.  It is time for TJHSST to use distance learning beyond busing and embrace dual-enrollment with GMU, other universities or local colleges.  After doing a few researches for myself  I believe some are right when they say:  urgent (in this context: "more research is urgently needed as the shift toward online learning in schools accelerates") .   Throwing about $100 million dollars+ into brick and mortar for TJHSST will likely be a budgeting and historical error.   Thank you.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i heard that information through internet travels through cables under sea. is it true? That means there is under sea cable connection between all the countries....
hey i bought a hp dv2910tx with vista pre loaded. now i need to install Xp. but the xp setup is not detecting my hard disk even thought the pre...
Hello everyone. I want to build an aircraft that can hover in one place and move in different directions but I am not talking about the VSTOL in some planes...
hey sry for the commotion well madeup a logo hope ya might like it ... tell me culdnt do posting in that section comments wellcomed 😛
What are the contents of .BGI files of C++. How can i read these files? Solution is required Urgently.