direction of rotating of blades in the fan

Why there is a difference in the rotation of blades in ceiling fan and table fan

Replies

• Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    aarthivg
    Why there is a difference in the rotation of blades in ceiling fan and table fan
    Ceiling fan

In summer, the fan's direction of rotation should be set so that air is blown downward (Usually counter-clockwise from beneath). The blades should lead with the upturned side as they spin.
    but the motor rotates in clockwise direction.
  • Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    Keerthivasan Ravisankar
    aarthivg
    Table fan

The fan's direction of rotation is Clockwise and the air is blown towards front,

here too the motor rotates in clockwise direction.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    rkvasan68
    Table fan

The fan's direction of rotation is Clockwise and the air is blown towards front,

here toothe motor rotates in clockwise direction.
    @rkvasan 68
    From your post , I understood that the direction of rotation of the blades between ceiling and table fan changes for the direction of flow of air. Is it right?

And you have stated that motor runs in the same direction, But how come the direction of blades are different. Can you explain me in detail please.
  • pknaveen17
    pknaveen17
    Since in ceiling fan the rotating part is stator (Body, the part without armature winding), but in the table fan the rotating part is rotor (the part with armature winding), so both fan's rotating direction is opposite.​
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    just look at a ceiling fan which has been installed on a wall(probably in cinema theatres) and you will see that the direction of rotation of its blades are similar to that of a table fan
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    zaveri
    just look at a ceiling fan which has been installed on a wall(probably in cinema theatres) and you will see that the direction of rotation of its blades are similar to that of a table fan
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Do you mean to say both are in same direction?
  • pknaveen17
    pknaveen17
    zaveri
    The fan mounted on wall will not be called ceiling fan. Only the fan which mounted on ceiling is called ceiling fan.
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    pknaveen17
    The fan mounted on wall will not be called ceiling fan. Only the fan which mounted on ceiling is called ceiling fan.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Got your point. Thanks😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hey guys, what would be the shape of a stress strain curve for liquids?
what is the equation that governs the relationship between the speed of an automobile moving on the road and the speed of its prime mover? now to define my problem...
Name: Ankit Engineering Trade: Civil Location: Delhi Occupation: I am Civil Engineer in a Navratna PSU. Hobbies & Interests: Well it includes a huge list 😁 but briefly i would...
Hi, I have a problem these days. I have a PC with two internet connection. Now I want to use both internet connection simultaneously. I want to use one connection...
Hello all!! I want to implement a project "Automatic control of dish antenna" The antenna must be able to align itself in the direction where the signal strength is maximum...