Difference of two particular circuits

What's the difference between these two circuits when calculating the voltage across the resistors?

1st circuit: Circuit is packed with resistors. Positive terminal of battery connected to negative terminal.

2nd circuit: Circuit is packed with resistors, but the positive terminal of battery is connected to earth. (or earthed)

Replies

• priyank_180
    priyank_180
    i can't understand your question..
    Will you please describe it briffly..
    so we can help you...
  • Jasper12
    Jasper12
    Okay.
    Say that a dc circuit with 3 resistors is earthed, instead of being connected to negative terminal of battery. Would the calculation of voltage across each resistor still be the same in this case?
  • silenthorde
    silenthorde
    It would be same if the negative terminal of the battery is also earthed. Otherwise the current cannot close it's path.

This is equivalent to connected the resistors across the terminals of the battery.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi I have taken a project in my final year of B.tech. It is in vb.net..I have to create a database for which i dont need to carry it to...
Hiiii This is Amit. I am doing electrical&electronics engg. (7thsem) frm IP university. Can sm1 plz help me out in gettn seminar report & project relating to my trade. ๐Ÿ˜...
A very sassy, fierce, funny and flawed book by Candace Bushnell, that is both irresistible and hugely entertaining. In her book she follows three women through the minefield of work,...
hi there guys . I really need some help urgently...i am trying to make a pic 16f877 based home automation system. I came across two good guides for this. One...
Hi guys why can't a UFO be a time machine if not a spaceship made by another planet species? if it's real!!