CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@nibhani • 12 Jun, 2012
what is the differance between uncoupled and coupoled locomotive ?give me the example of both type of locomotive?
@mechky • 12 Jun, 2012 In coupled locomotives, a driving wheel is driven by the locomotive's pistons and the driving wheels are all coupled together with side rods or coupling rods. Normally one pair is directly driven by the main rod which is connected to the end of the piston rod and power is transmitted to the others through the side rods. eg. Steam Locomotives

In uncoupled locomotives, the driving wheels are directly driven by the traction motors. Coupling rods are not used. eg. Diesel & Electric Locomotives.
@vikaskumar11233 • 15 Jun, 2012 Locomotives are of two type coupled and uncoupled.If two or more pairs of wheels are coupled together to increase the adhesive force between the wheels and the track,it is called coupled otherwise uncoupled.
4.6k views

Related Posts

@Ashraf HZ · Aug 30, 2007

Well, I thought of just posting this after I compiled a big list of programs, but it'll take some time. So i'll just post an initial list. To make the...
25.5k views

@Pankaj Chauhan · Jul 8, 2015

i am a student of civil engg. i want to know the best book for preparing IES exam
3.6k views

@pankaj12790 · Sep 23, 2013

hi this is pankaj and i am a 2013 btech passout in ece ... i am having doubts about a thing ... someone suggested me that i should fill up...
9.5k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Jun 12, 2013

The Honda Activa is one of the hottest selling scooters in India but in the recent times, it's facing a cut-throat competition from rival Japanese & Indian two-wheelers. In order...
52.5k views

@Naveen08 · Sep 5, 2008

Hi to all.. I am Naveen, i am an EEE student and i would like to know the titles for the mini projects in electrical............
1.9k views