Difference between static and dynamic balancing of rotating masses

hi all

so what is the difference between static and dynamic balancing of rotating masses. And how what is the need for dynamic balancing?

Replies

• vikaskumar11233
    vikaskumar11233
    Hi zaveri
    Static balancing is performed with the object being balanced at rest. Dynamic balancing is performed with the object being balanced in motion.
    Static balancing is done without the part moving, dynamic is done with the part moving it is spun and using stroboscopic flash the heavy bit is higlighted and you then add or remove weighs till it stops vibrating.
  • Bizlibati
    Bizlibati
    In static balancing, the rod around which mass is rotating is to be fixed whereas in dynamic balancing,the rod moves along with the rotating mass.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    so then how are the blades of a ceiling fan or any fan , balanced dynamically ? what is the procedure ?
  • Ammar Aziz
    Ammar Aziz
    I think that static balancing is the balancing of a material which, is at rest, with respect to some frame of reference. Mean to say that in static balancing we prevent the material from motioning either in rotational and translational with respect to some frame of reference while in dynamic balancing if an object is moving with constant velocity with respect to some particular frame of reference then we strict the object to keep its constant velocity state
  • Abhishek pattanshetter
    Abhishek pattanshetter
    static balance will be produced if the sum of the weights about the axis of rotation is zero...and a system is said to be in dynamic balanced when there doesnot exist any resultant centrifugal force as well as resultant couple.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

A palm-sized laser-projected keyboard has been developed by a Korean Company! It is a small box that can fit into your hand yet provides a full-sized keyboard when needed! Switch...
The first biggest success of the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) of European giants CERN comes; but the physicists will have to hold their breathe a little while longer! Two teams...
MIT Pune and Bharat Asmita foundation has organized a Youth conference at MIT Pune. It is organized for making young people aware of Democracy. Check this out- https://www.dnaindia.com/mumbai/report_3-day-youth-parliament-kicks-off-in-pune-on-wednesday_1493498 Register here....
Hello mam, I am a final year chemical engg student. Just wanted to know how cad designing would be beneficial as i wanted to go for designing, since i am...
i have following error while open ms office application. help me please.... There is no not enough memory or disk space to run word.