Difference between comprator and opamp

explain me the difference between the comprator and opamp using follwing example:
1) if my v+ is 12v and my v- is 0v, input + is 3v and input- is 2 volt, what would be the output of the comparator and of opamp??
2)if input+ is 2 volt and input- is 3v , what would be the output of camparator and of opamp??

Replies

• imnitsy
    imnitsy
    A comparator compares the voltages and switches its output to indicate which voltage is larger.

now let us consider the first problem:

in case of comparator the output will be positive power supply i.e., +12 volts
    in case of opamp the output will be +1 volts

second problem:

in case of comparator the output will be negative power supply i.e,-12volts
    in case of opamp the output will be -1volts

also you said that you apply 0volts at the negative power supply,
    i think it must be -12volts!!!

also I am considering that the gain of the opamp is 1.

please correct me if I am wrong!
  • nitin_sharma
    nitin_sharma
    you have provided incomplete information. You have to specify at which level the gnd is.
    if it is at somewhere between the 12 and zero volts then only the opamp will work otherwise not.
  • sanks85
    sanks85
    hey sonu kala L. is right... if you have the grnd between 0 to 12v then only the ckt will work... and we can find out output by comparing the two terminals of op-amp for comparator
  • sonujain
    sonujain
    hey friends sorry for that .after that can you answer my question?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

plz somebody tell me i will tell the situation and then i will tell my question.... let us take you are playing an movie in ur windows or linux u...
Can someone acquaint me the scope of AVIONICS .I wish to do my MTECH in AVONICS.
can anyone help me for some new slogans related to mechanical engineering for my new college overcoat??please suggest me some.
I want to design a project that will read the kilowatts hour used. once the limit has been reached the circuit breaker should shedd the load. My problem is design...
please suggest some best books for learning 8051 assembly programming....