Dholera SIR Project In Gujarat

Dholera SIR project seems to be one of the most ambitious projects coming up in Gujarat. The goal is to develop a mega manufacturing and trading hub as a 'Special Investment Region' aka SIR in the state of Gujarat in India. The Dholera project, when realized will double the employment opportunities in Gujarat, triple the industrial output of Gujarat and even quadruple the overall exports from the state.

Project Overview: -

• Total Area Of Dholera Project : 903 square kilometers!
  • Total area to be developed: 547 square kilometers
  • Area developed for economic activities : 377 square kilometers
  • High Access Corridor Planned: World class city center, advance Industrial and Logistic hub knowledge and information technology city along with many recreational, sports, entertainment hubs.
  • The project will provide world-class connectivity through Internet and other mediums.
  • The project will have a central express road along with Metro rail connectivity to Mumbai and Delhi.
  • Dedicated airport and a port for connectivity.
  • Well connected to Ahmedabad, Bhavnagar, Vadodara - the big cities in Gujarat.
  • Premium residential complexes and cities.
  • Will cater to national and international needs.
  • Closer proximity to International Finance TechCity (GIFT)
  • Closer proximity to Petro-chemicals and Petroleum Inv. Region (PCPIR)
  • Closer proximity to Dedicated Freight Corridor (DMIC)
  • En-route Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC)
  • Will allow public investment in the development of core infrastructure.
Check out the project video -

I read on a few places that the Gujarat government is in the process of developing a mini-Japan in Dholera 😀 . I wonder what's the status of the project and what's the completion date. A similar project is under (slow) progress in Central India's Nagpur, called MIHAN.

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    I come to know about this project from local newspaper. Will try to get information about this and post it here.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I would like to introduce myself as a faculty member in ECE Department of an Prestigious Institution. My area of Interest are VLSI and Embedded systems. By joining CrazyEngineers, i...
WHAT DOES MEAN 'LEAB VALUE' IN HARDNESS TESTING MACHINE?
hi.... i have a condition where to design a valve with only the input parameters of p1=69.64bar(a)& t1=545c. The valve flow coefficient is not known and so the outlet pressure...
I need practical surveying tutorial. Where can i get surveying tutorials?
I am in final year of BE now..preparing for placements...i like to work in hardware or software domain...i hope i would get some help regarding placement papers,recruitment procedure through this...