Developing my skills as an electrical engineer

Was wondering if there is any site where I can develop my skills as an electrical engineer(like CodeChef and TopCoder for Computer Science enthusiasts)....@godfather Can u help?

Replies

• Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    CodeRed!!!
    Was wondering if there is any site where I can develop my skills as an electrical engineer(like CodeChef and TopCoder for Computer Science enthusiasts)....@godfather Can u help?
    So do you want to learn about basic Electrical?
  • CodeRed!!!
    CodeRed!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-# I know few basic stuff about electrical and electronics from what was taught at college. I want to know if there are sites that can give me a more hands-on knowledge and practice.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    CodeRed!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-# I know few basic stuff about electrical and electronics from what was taught at college. I want to know if there are sites that can give me a more hands-on knowledge and practice.
    Ok I will try to find some and let you know.
  • Anuj Aggarwal
    Anuj Aggarwal
    You can refer the following sites. Do have a look

#-Link-Snipped-#

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • KZ 259
    KZ 259
    i actually would like to know as well. would anyone know of any good youtube channels that pertains to this topic? i will bookmark the above links. i just took a glance at 'em and can already tell it has useful information.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If there's none, I think we've an opportunity to start it here. What type of content are we looking at?
  • CodeRed!!!
    CodeRed!!!
    #-Link-Snipped-#, something like CodeChef for computer science enthusiasts which helps people easily develop their programming skills. Codechef has become so important for Computer Science Engineering that companies have started hiring people based on that. Facebook recently hired the number one programmer on CodeChef from India. I know that such an extensive website for electrical engineers is not possible, but still, anything that can help us gain things that are generally not taught in classrooms would be great.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yeah, CodeChef is a Directi venture; it's an Indian company. I think they're doing something awesome; but there's a scope for other engineering disciplines as well.

Just wondering who posts the challenges there? Is it done solely by the staff?

Also, if we were to do something like that for Electrical Engineers, what kind of practice questions/answers would we expect?

I'm just trying to understand and gather feedback.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    The_Big_K
    Yeah, CodeChef is a Directi venture; it's an Indian company. I think they're doing something awesome; but there's a scope for other engineering disciplines as well.

Just wondering who posts the challenges there? Is it done solely by the staff?

Also, if we were to do something like that for Electrical Engineers, what kind of practice questions/answers would we expect?

I'm just trying to understand and gather feedback.
    We need to Choose the Subject first of all Like basic Electrical after that we can add some circuit troubleshooting.
  • Guru Karthik
    Guru Karthik
    Hi,
    I am new here. I was searching for a website for electrical engineers similar to topcoder and I ended up here. The conversation looks interesting. To start with, this website/forum can have basic electrical(not power systems but circuits) concepts like the network theorems, nodal analysis, KVL, KCL, voltage and current divider etc. Then there can be exercises based on these concepts with an immediate solution or like a challenge. The difficulty level can increase with the users' progress and also with the growth of the website.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's indeed interesting. I'm not sure whether that's possible in our typical forum-like environment. We'll need someone to generate interesting concepts related discussions. If anyone's interested in doing so (and getting paid to do that), let's talk. Initiate a private conversation with me. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, Welcome to the Genetic, BioTech & BioMedical engineering discussion forum, our brand new addition to CrazyEngineers community. These engineering disciplines have been gaining lot of popularity. We hope all...
CEans, Welcome to CrazyEngineers' Industrial, Instrumentation and Systems engineering discussion section. We've often been asked, 'Why don't we have a separate discussion section for these engineering disciplines?'. Starting today, the...
Hi, one of my friend is the user of Solid Edge and wants to share and communicate with people in this field. I'm wondering are there anyone who use or...
Siddhartha Reddy leads the technology search team at Flipkart, India's biggest online destination for shopping. Flipkart generates thousands of sales every day which means the engineering team that keeps the...
Intel recently shared a video about what happens on the internet in a minute. The video shows different statistics. Take a look -