design of a robot

I want to know the various mechanisms associated with the design of a robot.the robot can pick balls of diameter 6cm and place them in the goal post of a basketball game . the receiving net is 30 cm above the ground and the robot should fit in dimenssion of a 25cm cube.plese help me.

Replies

• Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Ah, I can't believed I missed this post!

We did a basketball robot a while back. It was a biped, and it used a spring "shooter" to launch the ball up. A lot of motors were used: one to grip the ball, one to pull it up, two for biped movement, one to balance the biped, one to pull back the launcher. We used a solder sucker as the launching mechanism, and a solenoid to trigger the button.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEans, CE has associated with 'The Great Indian Developer Summit'. Here's the latest from GIDS '09 - Great Indian Developer Awards is India’s first and premier awards for the software...
CEans, CE has associated with 'The Great Indian Developer Summit'. Here's the latest from GIDS '09 - Great Indian Developer Awards is India’s first and premier awards for the software...
[Removed due to personal reasons]
CEans, The NO SMS text policy we have on CE is as old as CE. That is, we've been following it since day 0. 😀 The policy says that "All...
Discuss the announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/15768-no-sms-text-policy-explained.html#post45333 in this thread.