DeeChee Robot Learns Language Like The Infants Do

British researchers Professor Chrystopher Nehaniv and Dr Joe Saunders wanted the robots to learn new language like infants do and they've achieved it to a great extent with DeeChee. The researchers published their work in #-Link-Snipped-# journal offering insights into how babies transform from babbling words to speaking the language fluently. The DeeChee robot was first designed to produce any syllable in English. DeeChee was trained by a volunteer who used the words and phrases repeatedly in regular speech. The robot then tried to analyse the speech and used its algorithm to rank the words based on their usage in sentences. DeeChee could also recognize the words of encouragement such as 'Good' and 'Well Done'.

[caption id="attachment_35976" align="aligncenter" width="500"][​IMG] DeeChee With with Professor Chrystopher Nehaniv and Dr Joe Saunders[/caption]

We believe this could be a milestone in the artificial intelligence and the way we make our robots learn from humans. DeeChee does have a lot of potential, we think.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Almost a year back, Amazon surprised every one when it launched the Cloud Drive and Cloud Player without licenses from the top labels. It gained the status of becoming the...
Yes, we're all plucking out our hair unable to decide the perfect 'economical' tech-gift that one can wrap up as a gift for their dad. Worry no more, for we...
Smartphone users across the globe face issues with their device’s poor battery life. Often, people tend to blame the manufacturers for this problem, but now a team of researchers from...
If sources are to be believed, June 31 might be the last date for Dropbox Public Folders. According to Dropbox forum, it is averred that Dropbox has e-mailed developers notifying...
Have you ever thought - How I wish I can reconfigure the camera in my phone? Normally you can’t do it. The digital imaging subsystem is typically enclosed within the...