Database Relationship ??

๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
Hi,

I have confusion of representation of relationships in database schema suppose A ir private owner who owns B property for rent are tables as shown below

Table- PrivateOwner Table- Propertyfor_rent
Ownerno 0...1 (Powns ->) 1...* propertyno
lname -------------------------------------- street
address city

Please database experts can u tell exactly what are the above relationships show , i know 1..* means one to many or 1....1 ie one to one , but i want to know that relationship shown above ie 0...1 -------- 1..* from private owner who owns the property to property for rent means what ?. Is it 1...1 one to one relationship shown between them if yes , then why for individual table 0..1 and 1...* is shown , please clarify on this , thanks !!

Replies

• PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    king99
    ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜”๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•
    Hi,

I have confusion of representation of relationships in database schema suppose A ir private owner who owns B property for rent are tables as shown below

Table- PrivateOwner                                                         Table-  Propertyfor_rent
               Ownerno           0...1           (Powns ->)      1...*                 propertyno
                lname              --------------------------------------          street                 
               address                                                                               city 
    Please database experts can u tell exactly what are the above relationships show , i know 1..* means one to many or 1....1 ie one to one , but i want to know that relationship shown above ie 0...1 -------- 1..* from private owner who owns the property to property for rent means what ?. Is it 1...1 one to one relationship shown between them if yes , then why for individual table 0..1 and 1...* is shown , please clarify on this , thanks !!
    1...* is one to many...
    1...1 is one to one...
    0...1 is zero to one...
    *...* is many to many...

In your case, the owner, can be an owner only if he owns atleast one. He can own either one or more than one. Hence one to many... ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello friends, Why don't we post some funny mobile messages that we receive every day? We all can enjoy by reading them What say people?
Hello friends, I always wanted to write something about this on forum. The topic chosen by me this time is Engine valve timing diagram. Now what is it exactly? Let...
helloo!! hahaha discuss|๐Ÿ˜€ EE nano
Hey Friends, Please suggest me books for C and C++ having easy language for better understanding. Thank you.
Hello, I am doing engineering in Computer Science. I have heard that some of the companies provides training for a certain duration and based on that, we can also develop...