Dark matter and dark energy

what is dark matter and dark energy exactly??
I have read some where that dark matter and dark energy are interrelated
Like one is used to find another is it true??????

Replies

• sksaxena
    sksaxena
    gautami shetty
    what is dark matter and dark energy exactly??
    I have read some where that dark matter and dark energy are interrelated
    Like one is used to find another is it true??????
    Dark Matter
  • jishnu nair
    jishnu nair
  • jishnu nair
    jishnu nair
  • jishnu nair
    jishnu nair
    i guess this will help u 😀
  • The Observer
    The Observer
    well.. this is my guess.. maybe wrong..dark matter can be thought of matter that can eat up light. Has enormous energy to suck in stars and giant space stuff. Hence has the name dark energy cuz the origin of its energy is unknown.. although some researches have made it clean that after a biggie star dies.. it either becomes a neutron star or a black hole (other name for dark matter) after its supernova phase.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Dark energy is energy Which is in the longer end of the visible EM spectrum. These energy are produced by matter which are Either Too HOT and get red shifted or too cold and get Violet shifted to the existing sensors.

But this contributes a lot of energy in the universe That makes it really wonderful to study about them But hard to visualise them with any real world entity
  • Ankush Sharma
    Ankush Sharma
    dear, according to researchers or may be it was seen through the telescopes, that there is somewhat transparent material which exists in universe and have the tendency to bend light or even the energy coming out from the supernova explosion. It is shown in various documentaries that it is totally transparent and we cannot able to see it even with telescope. It can only be observed when a some energy or light going straight suddenly bends. So the thing which bend that light or energy is called DARK MATTER....

now DARK ENERGY, It is said by Einstein that universe is static but after few years it was discovered by some scientist(i forgot the name) that universe is not static, its size is expanding day by day. and this is the region that when we look at the stars with telescope, they seems to be red because they are moving away fro us(Doppler shift). So the energy which expanding the universe is said to be dark energy...
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-# you are confusing yourself here

Einstein's relativity was the cause of all confusion. As the space time became curved the older theories of static universe flew out of the window

Yeah as the Dark energy is not the only cause of the bending of light so Citiations are needed here

Next Dark energy is nothing But energy which is either Beyond the red spectrum of EM spectrum or Below the Violet spectrum of the EM spectrum. This makes it virtually not visible to the Human made telescopic device which uses X rays and stuff

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Software Engineering Software Testing Database Multimedia Database Distributed Database Artificial Intelligence Robotics Bioinformatics Computer Networking Wireless Networking Computer Architecture Algorithms and Data Structures Operating Systems Information Security Theoretical Computing HI...
A European or An European? What is the correct English usage? I think there'd be a lot of confusion over this. After searching a bit online, I found out that...
The Lord of computers (Ganapati) should not neglet His original Wagon (Vahan?) for the new fangled enticement:
Russian Yandex has just taken over Microsoft's Bing to become the world's 4th largest search engine. The world's leading search engines are as follows - Google : 65.2% Baidu :...
Y Combinator has started accepting applications for their summer 2013 funding cycle. Interest startups may apply to the program and get access to world's leading investors, VC companies, experts. Y...