DAC for 1 - 5V Signal

Hey there CE members!

I'm currently building and coding up my final project for my Electrical Technology class and I'm making a PID controller using a PIC18F452. I want to use a DAC to convert the final 8 bit value to a 1 to 5 volt signal which I will then convert to a 4 - 20mA signal.

At the moment I have a #-Link-Snipped-# chip which I'm having a little trouble with wiring. I also have access to a #-Link-Snipped-# which I can use on SPI.

The trouble I'm having with the DAC0808 is the Io, Vee, and Vref- pins. I think that the Io pin is where my output voltage will be taken from, but as to the Vee and Vref- pins I'm totally lost.

Another question I have is will I be able to get a 1 to 5 volt signal out of either of these, or will I have to use a 0 to 5 volt signal. I'd prefer to use the DAC0808 to the the SPI chip for now, but any other suggestions on other chips that are available would be a big help!

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
I tried upgrading PS3's firmware to 3.60 and I discovered solutions to common problems many PS3 enthusiasts might be facing. No matter how I tried, PS3 won't recognize the USB/Flash...
I and with a set of my research people, we went to some kind of audition, I don’t remember exactly. We were supposed to go by a flying kind of...
I'm reminded of the 26/11 attack on Mumbai, India by terrorists. All the news reporters were trying to go as close as possible and bring us no important news. After...
Pune, Bangalore and Hyderabad: Which among the 3 cities is better if you are planning for a career in the IT industry ?? Any suggestions plzz ?