Current surges knocking out LED drivers

An installation of LED lamps in refrigerated space (inside reach-in glass doors on grocery cooler) has seen high failure rate of LED lamp drivers (AC to DC). LED lamps are powered by a branch on the same phase (but separate branch circuit) as anti-sweat door heaters totalling 30A. Separate installation of controlls on door heater circuits have solid state relays opening and closing the 30A door heater circuits on a frequency of about 1HZ.

Could the voltage spike associated with each OFF cycle of the door heater circuits be causing the LED drivers to fail even though they are on a different branch circuit? e.g. the voltage spike would have to be traveling through the service panel and out the LED light branch to reach the drivers. It is a small store with not a lot on the panels (not a lot of other systems to damp out the voltage spike).

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a first year student and i have planned to do a SHORT RANGE CELL PHONE SIGNAL JAMMER....only about 10m and using the circuit diagram we constructed one and...
Generally what things to be learn after core java ,whether servlets and JSP or EJB or anythig else........................ and wht is this EJB??? why it is used????
import java.io.*; import java.net.*; class AdviceClient { void go() { try { Socket s = new Socket("127.0.0.1",4242); InputStreamReader ir = new InputStreamReader(s.getInputStream()); BufferedReader br = new BufferedReader(ir); String str=br.readLine(); System.out.println("Advice...
can anyone suggest me some books which explain the various stages of game development?
This year I have started using other sites that also having the features like CE site...But CE site is much interesting and I Cannot have a mind to leave once...