Create image map

some useful html tips

Many times I have seen sometimes in some websites there are links created on image itself
today i learn it...so I would like to share it with you Guys

An image map is a way of defining "hot spot" links within an image on a Web page. This means that, rather than having the whole image behave as one link, you can have lots of different links within the one image.

Linking to an image map: The Usemap attribute

How do you turn an image into an image map? Well, to associate an image map with an image, simply add the usemap attribute to the img tag for the image. In the above example, the image map is called "shapes", so our img tag looks like this:

[img]abc.jpg[/img]
Creating an image map: The map tag

The other half of the image map is the map definition itself. In this definition, you tell the browser where the hot spots are in the image, and what the hot spots need to link to.
The map is defined using the tag. In our example above, the map tag looks like this:

[I]alternate text[/I]

Replies

• MaRo
    MaRo
    Nice tip Goyal 😉
  • sarveshgupta
    sarveshgupta
    Nice share goyal 😁

Here is an example to give you more clarity of that -

[img]planets.gif[/img]

Sun
      Mercury
      Venus

• Mahesh Dahale
    Mahesh Dahale
    Nice!!!
    javascript

[img]planets.gif[/img]

Sun

Mercury

Venus

Check out:-W3Schools Tryit Editor

Source :- w3schools
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    some useful html tips

If any one does not know php or any server side language
    but he want to give password protection
    don't worry he can achieve this by using simple java script coding

but it works only for small users...
    have fun
  • vik001ind
    vik001ind
    quite informative!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have passed my MCA in 2006 and also have almost 2 years of work experience; now I want to go for higher studies but I am confused whether I...
I looked up your article on Hydrogen Inversion Temperature & non-Joule Thomson cooling in Wikipedia. Its unfortunate that a know-it-all made you resign. I understand the concept from the formula...
I recall suggesting in a previous post that it would be useful to have search shortcuts to "My posts" and "Unanswered Posts". I am not sure whether this forum and...
can anybody tell me about how and why PID controlling is used in line follower robot?
here we can discuss lot about network enginneering., just post good forum under this topic. so we can know good and bad things about network enginnering............