Correlation between number of supplements you attach to main answer sheet & your score

During my engineering days, we all were convinced that the number of marks you obtain in any exam was directly proportional to the number of supplements (extra sheets of papers) to the main answer-sheet. I've personally had that experience, when I wrote more, I scored more marks. But when I got everything 'to the point' and even had left a few pages blank (saved several trees in the process, I guess) in my 36-page answer sheet, my score would go down by a huge margin.

We used to think that the lecturer would form an impression about the candidate whose answersheet he/she's evaluating. More the number of supplements, more would be the 'knowledge' => more marks.

Has this ever happened to you? Share your experience.

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I used to think same at first, that filling maximum supplements will help me reach the top, but nope that didn't work.I scored more marks with no extra supplementary than that of 5-6 extra supplements.

There are tactics to suck more marks :
    - Fool the faculty .How ?
    Develop the habit of writing in good handwritings, yeah it is "must" needed.People says good handwriting doesn't helps, that's not true. Beautiful handwriting always have positive impact on answer checker.

Paper should be neat & clean, even you have made mistake in spelling or writing a wrong equation, don't ever scratch it !! By scratching it, you yourself are pointing your own mistake to checker. That's common-sense, well most engineers lack it though.

Concentrate in the way you represent your paper, along with answering question, your aim is to dazzle your checker with beautifull point-to-point written answers.Awesome diagrams & your job is done.

Well,do you think the faculty ever reads your entire paper? hell naw! they supervise it within 360 seconds.It usually doesn't matter how technically deep you write in paper, representation is what that bags better marks.

Exam paper checker usually judges the student from his/her answersheet in first 5-7 questions, if you are successfull in fooling them initially then even though later part of answersheet doesn't contain correct answer, they tend to ignore it & will give you maximum mark.

Write less but impressive & point-to-point answers, don't attempt technical theory answers as if you're writing a composition 😛

Stay foolish, stay hungry ? Oh please!
    Make fool & stay at the top 😁

PS : Some CEans think I act as if I know everything, nope that's wrong judgement, my only motive is to share everything with all my CE buddies.
    Hope you "pros" won't judge this "noob" again. 😁

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The networking giant CISCO is getting ready to offload Linksys - maker of networking related products which is acquired for ~$500 million back in 2003. The company is said to...
Just curious to know whether there's a phone or tablet that's all made in India? I used to think that companies like Micromax, LAVA, Spice and so on research and...
I am using paid antivirus and my friend using cracked antivirus. he told me that he is getting also internet update. if he is getting all services without paying any...
The Indian Government is quite innovative in terms of the new ideas they come up with. The latest update is that the GOI is planning to offer Aadhaar enabled smartphones...
i am in the final year.. i dont know which is the best field in ece to do projects like vlsi, embedded, etc.. and also what are the other fields...