Converting MySQL plain text password fields using MD5 algorithm

I expect mysql folks to help me with this -

I've a database with plain text passwords which I want to encrypt using MD5 encryption.

What query do I need to run?

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    No replies yet, very strange.

I don't know mysql but I guess if PL/SQL part can be done in mysql 😕 then write a procedure which is based on MD5 algorithm and then run that procedure. It will automatically encrypt all the passwords in your DB in a sinlge run.

Please correct if anything wrong.

Thanks
  • ms_cs
    ms_cs
    I want to know whether Is there any feature available as inbuilt to compress the data and store that?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

At last the 1lakh car is entered into the real market from the dreams of Ratan tata mostly targeting at middle class people India's Tata Motors has launched Nano, the...
I use free 'avira antivirus'. i made a c++ programme for sorting of an array. When i used merge sort algo, .exe file was not being created due to a...
Hello Ceian, i am doing a project that contains a bar code reader that reads the barcode from a product and the transfer it to a PIC microcontroller that will...
Hello! I want to know if someone uses the Google Sketchup in your Mechanical projects and what's your impression (pro and cons) on this software. Thanks.
This is something iv come across while reading some friends blog some new innovation by one of indian student doing phd. in U S A. have look on this URL...