CONTROL PANEL MANUFACTURING

Dear Crazy Engineers,

I am a budding entrepreneur who is in need of a suggestion / advice on starting up a small firm.
Upon analysis, I came to know that there is a huge demand in manufacturing control panels.
So I need some expert advice on this business.
Whats the forecast / actual demand for this field? how much investment will be required ? What are the machineries or components required.
Comments / suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Replies

• Kumareswaran
    Kumareswaran
    Guys,

It would be really helpful if any of you can reply to my query.
    Thnaks
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Kumareswaran
    Guys,

It would be really helpful if any of you can reply to my query.
    Thnaks
    Sorry to see that this one got unnoticed. Posting this in Entrepreneurship section would have made it more noticeable, I guess. Will move this discussion to that section soon. I think you will have to work out a project report that will have various heads about your initial start-up expenses. For example -

1. Do you have sanctions for land and shed in the industrial area near your city.
    2. Scale at which you want to start.
    3. Availability of skilled workers and their salaries.
    4. Logistics.

and so on. I think that will give you an idea about the investment required. I'd guess that it'd very a lot based on your manufacturing location and your target customer / installation locations.
  • Kumareswaran
    Kumareswaran
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Sorry to see that this one got unnoticed. Posting this in Entrepreneurship section would have made it more noticeable, I guess. Will move this discussion to that section soon. I think you will have to work out a project report that will have various heads about your initial start-up expenses. For example -

1. Do you have sanctions for land and shed in the industrial area near your city.
    2. Scale at which you want to start.
    3. Availability of skilled workers and their salaries.
    4. Logistics.

and so on. I think that will give you an idea about the investment required. I'd guess that it'd very a lot based on your manufacturing location and your target customer / installation locations.
    Dear Kaustubh,

Thanks a lot for your reply and your valuable advice on the investment heads.
    I shall try working on these points.
    Meanwhile I just need a help in the market demand for this field.
    Is it really tough to pitch in the buyers / customers ? or unless and until we have secured orders, we shouldn think of getting into this field?.
    I heard that this is very competitive market and there are "n" number of players.
    In need of expert advice. 😀
    Thanks in advance.
  • Shreyas Sule
    Shreyas Sule
    #-Link-Snipped-# It would be really difficult for getting customers before you have a manufacturing facility or company. I suggest you also try to visit and meet buyers/customers and understand from them about the how orders, delivery, installation etc works in your area. Understand the project lifecycle: From getting orders (Start) to customer acceptance testing phase (Finish). This will give you a clearer idea about what things you need to do in each area (no. of electricians, software licenses, industrial licenses/certificates, raw material, inventory etc.).
    Also start networking with your local distributors for electrical equipment (e.g. ABB, LnT, etc). This where you will get your electrical components required to build control panel. This will help you in getting orders in future too. Visit all control panel design competitors in your area. Assess how they are doing their business. Get their menu list and understand what they are and are not offering. You might want to focus on 1 or 2 small scale projects in the start, make lot of mistakes and learn. You will understand what you are lacking: networking, resources, market visibility, dearth of suppliers, funds, etc. Search for any Control Panel Design and Manufacturers associations in your area that might help/guide you. Let us know how you are proceeding. All the best!

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Constant Zero Variable maximum any of these options?
Quadcopters have recently caught everyone's attention as many tech giants brought them in talks as a potential delivery bot that carries your product from their inventory to your doorstep. There...
IIT BHU students have developed an innovative alcohol sensing helmet equipped with breath analyser. The helmet connects with the electrical system of your bike and if it senses that you're...
Wind turbines have helped us tap into the infinite renewable energy source for ages. From old time wind mills to the gigantic wind turbines that power entire cities, the structure...
Guys suggest some new technical events fo cool meches ... Ve to arrange in col...