Construction Equipment

This thread is dedicated to all the construction equipments used in building different structures.😀

Replies

• maria flor
    maria flor
    Tower Crane- is a modern form of a balance crane. When fixed to the ground, tower cranes will often give the best combination of height and lifting capacity and are also used when constructing tall buildings.

[​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Mobile Cranes-consists of a steel truss or telescopic boom mounted on a mobile platform, which could be a rail, wheeled, or even on a cat truck. The boom is hinged at the bottom and can be either raised or lowered by cables or hydraulic cylinders.

[​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Semi trailer end dump truck-is a tractor trailer combination where the trailer itself contains the hydraulic hoist. The average semi end dump truck has a 3 axle tractor that pulls a 2 axle semi trailer. The advantage to having a semi end dump truck is rapid unloading.

[​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Semi trailer bottom dump truck-is a 3 axle tractor that pulls a 2 axle trailer with a clam shell type dump gate in the belly of the trailer. The biggest advantage of a semi bottom dump truck is the ability to lay material in a wind row. This type of truck is maneuverable in reverse as well, unlike the double and triple trailer configurations.
    [​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Standard dump truck-is a full truck chassis with the dump body mounted onto the frame. The dump body is raised by a hydraulic ram lift that is mounted forward of the front bulkhead, normally between the truck cab and the dump body.
    [​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Side dump trucks-consist of a 3 axle trailer pulling a 2 axle semi trailer. It offers hydraulic rams that tilt the dump body onto the side, which spills the material to the left or right side of the trailer. The biggest advantages with these types of dump trucks are that they allow rapid unloading and carry more weight than other dump trucks.

[​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Telescopic Crane-offers a boom that consists of a number of tubes fitted one inside of the other. A hydraulic mechanism extends or retracts the tubes to increase or decrease the length of the boom.

[​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Loader Crane-is a hydraulically powered articulated arm fitted to a trailer, used to load equipment onto a trailer.

[​IMG]
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Overhead Crane also suspended crane-is normally used in a factory, with some of them being able to lift very heavy loads.

[​IMG]

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I just want to share something about the history about Civil Engineering.😀 -In the beginning, Civil Engineering included all engineers that did not practice military engineering; said to have begun...
I've been hearing a lot about Google DNS server being faster in operation than the Open DNS. I'm wondering which DNS server all our expert CEans use - and any...
Friends, I recently wrote an article regarding Nuclear power plant at Jaitapur. Nuclear Energy, The Tug Of War And Jaitapur - CrazyEngineers In that I came across various types of...
What is meant by supercharger & turbo charger? Actually, I want to know the difference between turbocharger and a supercharger on a cars engine? Can someone please explain?
HCL AM7-A1 is android 2.2 based tablet recently released by HCL in India for a price of Rs. 22990. The tablet features - high speed cpu,enhanced web experience, GPS,Voice Calling,...