Confused, messed up in second year, dont know what to do, btech ece 2nd year

hello. i just saw some of the discussions on this site and hoped that i could get some help from here..!!
i am currently pursuing my b tech 2nd year in ece..and m not good with signals and circuits at all.. so i was hoping if some1 could guide me a little bit here about the various lines/careers i can take up after b tech, and if i should be doing any courses at this point of time..
thank you

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Leaving aside exploring why you chose ECE if you are not comfortable with signals/circuits, there is no need to get into a panic. Many options are available.
    These links will give some glimpses into such options and boost your self confidence. Chuck out despair and get on with things. You may even get the hang of signals and circuits if you give it an honest shot.

Many opportunities after completing B.Tech ECE - The Hindu

Electronics and Communication – AfterBtech

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Positive side: Good that you already know you are not for electronics.
    Get a little data of you college how much percentage of ECE guys actually landed in "signals and circuits" career, my guess <10%.

So, just read as much to get pass out with 60% and start working on your further career option (what you like to do), other wise give a shot to IT sector where almost 90% of you ECE senior HAVE to choose. At least you will choose by your choice.
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    sanjeev bajaj
    hello. i just saw some of the discussions on this site and hoped that i could get some help from here..!!
    i am currently pursuing my b tech 2nd year in ece..and m not good with signals and circuits at all.. so i was hoping if some1 could guide me a little bit here about the various lines/careers i can take up after b tech, and if i should be doing any courses at this point of time..
    thank you
    Welcome to the community! Yes, not many ECErs end up liking Electronics. First of all we're given less info about each stream. My suggestion is find your passion. A good thing is that you can switch to almost any stream with one or two (or more) extra courses after you've completed B.Tech in E.C.E. Explore your options, and share what you really like here so that our fellows CEans can help you. All the best! Like it or not, study all subjects of E.C.E equally and try to score a good percentage. That could help you in future in your career and for admissions.
  • avii
    avii
    ^he's in second year already, so I doubt if he can make switch now.

#-Link-Snipped-# whats your passion? what do you like? If not ECE which stream you would have taken?
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-# buddy it's good that you decided and realize that you are not good at signals and circuits but still two more year to go.
    Personally I was also bored with electronics in my first year of Diploma but then with the second year subjects like Microprocessor and Microcontroller and with the help of one great faculty I realize how much fun is there in programming and logic and then I decided to get admission in BE and I don't know how but somehow I also dropped one year but I never left what I like to do.

So make sure you figure-out your crazy dream before you pass-out. And I am sure YOU CAN !

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here is the problem i face Currently, I'm using Windows 8(Genuine), Make & Model HP Pavilion 15 Notebook & PC 15- E015TX, The problem is while connecting over public wifi(wireless...
hi, i am pradeep. i am b.tech (ece) 2014 passout. i want to start small scale business related to electronics field. so i request to please give me some idea...
i installed the quick heal total security cracked version ,but when i visited one site,the icon that comes in the toolbar below just dis-appeared,may i know now what to do...
i just want to ask that who is responsible for bringing the programs from hard disk to RAM and after coming to RAM it becomes a process then where is...
Hi CE'ns... Can anybody tell me how much power consumed by a typical server??