Concentrating Solar Energy Without Mirrors

Friends,
You all might be knowing that for harnessing solar energy, we need mirrors. So breaking the present perception, scientists at MIT have invented of course only theoretically a material which is 3 times more efficient that existing solar energy gadgets and also does not require any mirrors.
Something like you can have a small scale model of solar water heater and that too more efficient.
Read more=>
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• kingdavid
    kingdavid
    "Concentrating Solar Energy Without Mirrors"Really good idea but how to achieve ?
  • malaka
    malaka
    Awesome.
    I am read your blog good idea for without use Mirror Concentrating Solar Energy.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    malaka
    Awesome.
    I am read your blog good idea for without use Mirror Concentrating Solar Energy.
    This is for solar photo voltaics. Not for solar thermal. The present technology with selective coating is already quite efficient for water heating.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    What about using concentrated salt solutions directly as reflectors of IR instead of mirrors
  • Gautami Shetty
    Gautami Shetty
    if dats possible den v vl get a black body.... I mean dis vl be the 1st blackbody on earth other dan black hole ofcourse,,

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi friends in this semester i have a Technical Seminar.So i need your valuable suggestions about new trends and technologies in CSE.
I realized the importance of tubeless tiers today. I had to drive out of station and on the highway, I discovered a tiny little screw sticking in the front-left tire....
Hi All, Currently going through study of reactive power management, I find myself in doubt that is if the reactive power goes down in a system. First case is that...
CEans, In case you've missed, we've added the Facebook, Google +1 and Twitter buttons at the bottom of every discussion on CrazyEngineers. In our earlier version, there was a small...
1. Launch the Google Maps app. Then press the Menu button, go to settings and tap on the Labs option. 2. Scroll down to choose Pre-cache map area. 3. On...