Computer Architecture

What's the difference between 'sine value', 'exponential value' and 'mantissa value' ?

Replies

• Reya
    Reya
    A floating-point number has four parts - a sign, a mantissa, a radix, and an exponent. The sign is either a 1 or -1. The mantissa, always a positive number, holds the significant digits of the floating-point number. The exponent indicates the positive or negative power of the radix that the mantissa and sign should be multiplied by. The four components are combined as follows to get the floating-point value:
    sign * mantissa * radix exponent
  • Reya
    Reya
    A floating-point number has four parts - a sign, a mantissa, a radix, and an exponent. The sign is either a 1 or -1. The mantissa, always a positive number, holds the significant digits of the floating-point number. The exponent indicates the positive or negative power of the radix that the mantissa and sign should be multiplied by. The four components are combined as follows to get the floating-point value:
    sign * mantissa * radix exponent
  • rishi0922
    rishi0922
    @praveena: thanks for the useful reply ....can you please give an example for this floating point number and its parts ..../

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The details of the B.Tech/MCA hiring drive are : Degree/Branch : B.Tech/M.Tech (All Branches), MCA Passout Year : 2009 Or 2010 Passouts Cutoff % for BE / BTECH Xth &...
Microsoft's Bing service is currently down. If you access Bing, you will notice following message :- Bing services aren't available right now We're working to restore all services as soon...
I want the solution manual for the "Database system concepts by SILBERSCHATZ and KORTH and SUDARSHAN" please send me the link for the pdf download or send me the pdf.
😛 Anchariga-2010 THE DREAM HUNT organising by department of cse&it students of vaagdevi college of engineering,bollikunta, warangal.in regard of this we are also conducting workshop on 3D-ANIMATION dates:-workshop(6th&7th october),fest(8th&9th) vaagdevi...
What is need of dc to dc converter?