Compressed air to run car ..feasible ?

Compressed air stored in tanks to run airmotors at each wheel. What are the problems that have to be tackled with this design?

Replies

• white_hat
    white_hat
    To start with..
    1.Large air tanks required to store more air.Need to reduce size of the tanks.
    2.Light weight materials are to be used.Overall weight of vehicle should be less.
    3.Speed control of individual motors so that need for differential, ESP are eliminated.
    4.Need to calculate pressure required developing enough torque at the wheels.
    5. Effective air motor design for accurate control of speed.
    Is this idea feasible , what do you guys think??
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    bioramani
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Sir, this concept uses cylinder piston arrangement.But I was thinking about rotary airmotor at the wheels.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    I was thinking about material used for the airtank in Tata Minicat.Maybe it is made carbon fiber.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    white_hat
    Sir, this concept uses cylinder piston arrangement.But I was thinking about rotary airmotor at the wheels.
    I think that a rotary motor is best at peak power. It is inefficient at lower powers.
  • white_hat
    white_hat
    What about speed control of airmotor, is accurate speed control possible?
  • Gurjap
    Gurjap
    bioramani
    I think that a rotary motor is best at peak power. It is inefficient at lower powers.
    Are you sure? From what I've learned, positive displacement pneumatic motors develop constant torque at all RPMs.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

birthdate: dec. 23,'94 from Phil
https://www.comsol.com/conference/cd...=int_mw_jun12&utm_medium=Demail&utm_content=1
Novalia and University of Central Lancashire have developed a web enbled interactive News Paper, claimed as the first of its kind. https://www.theengineer.co.uk/1012824.article?cmpid=TE01
Hello guys, i am currently doing a summer project on the simulation of electron beam welding when two dissimilar metals are joined together, i needed help regarding on how to...
I've been going through a lots of laptop specs. and found out HP's Pavilion 1313AX holds an AMD vision A6 processor (Quad core) which is a GPU. The laptop is...