CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@pratap singh, upendra • 08 Oct, 2013
hi,

When we compute the pinch off voltage for an n channel JFET, we always do it by keeping Vgs = 0 and then the value of Vds for which the channel conductivity ceases is noted. Now when we try to find out the cut-off voltage Vgs(off) it is the gate source voltage for which the channel ceases its conduction. My question is do we keep Vds = 0 during the calculation of cut-off voltage.
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 10 Oct, 2013 Your first statement is not correct
proffy
When we compute the pinch off voltage for an n channel JFET, we always do it by keeping Vgs = 0 and then the value of Vds for which the channel conductivity ceases is noted.
Here we keep a constant Vgs through out the testing process without changing it

It may not be zero at any time.

This will make the next part easier for

You just need to keep a constant Vds through out the test to calculate the Vgs at which you have the needed solution
4.4k views

Related Posts

@sharunya · Dec 15, 2015

hi.. im electronic communication student... I need help for my final year project.. the theme that given to us was green technology.. im really out of ideas about it.. please...
5.9k views

@tinalive · Oct 4, 2007

I have a business website idea that is more complex than a simple e-commerce site. I am not a "computer person" so I have no idea where to start actually...
4.3k views

@Guneet Khanuja · Apr 29, 2014

Could you please suggest how can I get pdfs of the following books (ebook)? 1. Proficiency in Reading Comprehension Simplifying the Passage for you by Ajay Singh 2. Objective English...
15.1k views

@circularsquare · Feb 12, 2012

You are given a weighing scale and 8 bags of rice. Seven bags are of equal weight. One is of a slightly heavier weight. You can compare the bags using...
4.6k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Nov 12, 2013

Yamaha's corner at the the Tokyo Motor Show is sizzling with the new concept electric motorcycles and PES1 is definitely the attention seeker. This unimaginably light vehicle weighs a little...
4.3k views