CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@pratap singh, upendra • 08 Oct, 2013
hi,

When we compute the pinch off voltage for an n channel JFET, we always do it by keeping Vgs = 0 and then the value of Vds for which the channel conductivity ceases is noted. Now when we try to find out the cut-off voltage Vgs(off) it is the gate source voltage for which the channel ceases its conduction. My question is do we keep Vds = 0 during the calculation of cut-off voltage.
@Jeffrey Arulraj • 10 Oct, 2013 Your first statement is not correct
proffy
When we compute the pinch off voltage for an n channel JFET, we always do it by keeping Vgs = 0 and then the value of Vds for which the channel conductivity ceases is noted.
Here we keep a constant Vgs through out the testing process without changing it

It may not be zero at any time.

This will make the next part easier for

You just need to keep a constant Vds through out the test to calculate the Vgs at which you have the needed solution
1.8k views

Related Posts

@syed junaid ali · Sep 30, 2013

Dear, I am working in Saudi Arabia as electrical engineer with a Turkish based contracting company. I would like to return india soon and would like to establish my own...
1.9k views

@ISHAN TOPRE · Apr 23, 2011

This is a book by Abraham Silberschatz and Henry F. Korth both of Bell laboratory and Prof. S.Sudershan of IIT Bombay.
3.1k views

@Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran · Apr 1, 2014

This discussion may look insane to many of you but the idea behind this discussion is to share what you know in your field. Just post your project topic Fellow...
16.5k views

@Kaustubh Katdare · Oct 9, 2014

It's happening. Jeff Bezos is on his way to destroy the existing players in Indian eCommerce markets and establish the Amazon dominance. Amazon has announced the 'Pay With Amazon' service...
1.8k views

@Radhika Deshpande · Jul 31, 2015

After getting his MBA in Finance & Marketing from RVIM Bangalore, Giridhar Soundarajan went on to work at various companies including ISGN, AOL and Hewlett-Packard (HP) for more than 7...
1.8k views