Company Joining Experience Sharing

Lot of CEans have joined the corporate world in the past few months. I'd like to invite your experiences of joining the companies. What were your expectations and what did you experience? What was the most amazing part and what disappointed your the most? We'd like to know. This discussion would be quite useful to all our CEans ๐Ÿ˜€

Replies

• adren022
    adren022
    ESSAR Heavy Engineering is not a corporate company. But I am having a corporate job of Business development in a mechanical EPC (Engineering-Procurement-Comissioning).

My inital expectations was to have a very technical job based on the what I studied for the 4years in B.E. And ESSAR being a huge company in the mechanical sector and them giving me a big pay, couldn't reffuse the offer.
    The most amazing part: The facilities provided by the company to their employees and the work culture and the atmosphere inside the campus is just awesome.

Biggest dissapointment: Is when I found out studying B.E Mechanical is only a gate pass to a mechanical company nothing else, nobody cares about your degree once you enter the company and they don't care about your dream and aspirations initially. So had to be prepared "to like what I do, rather than do what I like". The day that they announced that I was put in business development all my dreams went on a sabbatical ๐Ÿ˜€

Everybody joining ESSAR will be given the designation of assistant manager. But new joinees will soon realize that they are assistant to managers and not assistant managers. ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you for sharing. What about other CEans? ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi!! This is Prem Anand from Chennai. I'm doing my Bachelor degree in Computer Science and Engineering. I'm interested in Hacking and Network related stuff......hope i find some interesting stuff...
I'm doing a project related to waste heat recovery system. I may get heat of around 30-35 degree celsius. I wanted to know, can I use that heat in culturing...
Yahoo Inc. has found its new CEO in Scott Thompson. The Yahoo Titanic now relies all its hopes on the new CEO, Mr. Scott Thompson. The new CEO will take...
we used ambassador's steering system & made it centralized by using universal joints . What are the other ways we can have centralized steering ??
Im a final year mechanical engineering student who is interested to do the main project on piping area...I dont have that much knowledge in piping field, anyways ๐Ÿ˜ ...but still...