piping project

Im a final year mechanical engineering student who is interested to do the main project on piping area...I dont have that much knowledge in piping field, anyways 😐 ...but still i want to get into it...the idea is to design a piping layot for any system...i donno exactly what kinda system (like power plants,petrochemical complex, skyscrapers etc.,) to choose for the work so that the project gets over within a short period of time😨 πŸ˜” ...
It will be very helpful if any of u CEans give me useful suggestions and ideas to start with the project work.. πŸ˜€

Thanking you in advance...and waiting in anticipation! 😁 πŸ˜€

Replies

• CE Designer
    CE Designer
    How about doing a sprinkler system for any of the above mentioned locations.
  • An-nisa
    An-nisa
    that would be nice and simple! i'll check out the possibilities...Still, i need some more suggestions.πŸ˜€
    Anyways, thank you!!! 😁
  • adren022
    adren022
    Is the starter of this thread still alive in the forums ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    adren022
    Yes, I think.
  • adren022
    adren022
    The_Big_K
    Yes, I think.
    waiting on the tread started to post , after that only I'll upload the piping details . That is fine right?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    adren022
    waiting on the tread started to post , after that only I'll upload the piping details . That is fine right?
    The thread creator gets notified through email. Let's hope they'll return.
  • ProGamer3
    ProGamer3
    Think of any field and start designing for that. Different fields require different piping designs. Exactly decide and proceed.
    Check these links
    Son of Piping Design Central
    Institute Of Piping Design, Piping Engineering, Pipe Design, Piping Training, Piping Course, HVAC Training, MEP Training, HVAC Institute, HVAC Training, HVAC Course, India
  • An-nisa
    An-nisa
    ProGamer3
    Think of any field and start designing for that. Different fields require different piping designs. Exactly decide and proceed.
    Check these links
    Son of Piping Design Central
    Institute Of Piping Design, Piping Engineering, Pipe Design, Piping Training, Piping Course, HVAC Training, MEP Training, HVAC Institute, HVAC Training, HVAC Course, India
    i have already been on pipingdesign.com...The thing now is, i gotto decide the field. i don't have a clear idea in it 😐

adren022
    Yep! im still alive in this thread.
  • adren022
    adren022
    See the PPS attached it might give you better insight into basic of piping and the software used and minimum requirements for a process piping setup. πŸ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Municipal water supply starting from getting the raw water to the treatment plant, moving it within the treatment plant and delivering it to the main urban storage points all consume considerable power. Conventional cement pipes tend to introduce a lot of friction drops for the pumps to overcome. In use scaling and deposits tend to add their own contribution to power loss. Concerned authorities in cities like Bangalore are studying option of other pipe construction materials to optimise the total power used.

Municipal water supply bids fair to become an area of opportunity for development.
    See if this will interest you.
  • An-nisa
    An-nisa
    bioramani
    Municipal water supply starting from getting the raw water to the treatment plant, moving it within the treatment plant and delivering it to the main urban storage points all consume considerable power. Conventional cement pipes tend to introduce a lot of friction drops for the pumps to overcome. In use scaling and deposits tend to add their own contribution to power loss. Concerned authorities in cities like Bangalore are studying option of other pipe construction materials to optimise the total power used.

Municipal water supply bids fair to become an area of opportunity for development.
    See if this will interest you.
    Thank you for the suggestion, Sir! πŸ˜€
  • An-nisa
    An-nisa
    adren022
    See the PPS attached it might give you better insight into basic of piping and the software used and minimum requirements for a process piping setup. πŸ˜€
    I already got that pps and it helped me to understand piping better..! Thank you, Anyways! πŸ˜€
  • zaki_whiz03
    zaki_whiz03
    Dear friend,
    I would suggest you to not go for the piping layout or piping stress analysis with an aim to complete in a short period and score a job in the piping field. Piping engineering requires you to be very perfect in the "understanding" of the drawings. you will have to learn a totally different subject and terminology relating to that field which cannot be perfectly done in a short period of 1 month. It requires at least 3-5 months for you to understand the symbols and different components used in a piping system. Any ways if you still want to go ahead with it i would suggest you to take a course PDS/PDMS course. The courses relating to the piping engineering are expensive.
  • ProGamer3
    ProGamer3
    The presentation is good. It might help you.

Thanks
    #-Link-Snipped-# CE-Enthusiast
  • vinay patel
    vinay patel
    can some one suggest a project on grp pipings

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to know how far they are effective in boosting the signal??? n I heard that the ones in the market are not so effective or they don't work...
I'm not saying that UFO's exists but many believed that they've seen UFO's flying around in dark space. However, if they do exist can they really travel between galaxies with...
Tekniska 2012 is a Techno Cultural and Sports Festival organized by Barkatullah University Institute of Technology, Bhopal. Tekniska will extend its focus on challenging new boundaries and will be a...
is it possible to make a 3 phase transformer to two single phase transformer
GlanzKrieg '12 is a national level technical symposium conducted by the Electronics and Communication Engineering department of Prince Shri Venkateshwara Padmavathy Engineering College. GlanzKrieg invites the eager to learn, create...