View Feed
group-icon
Coffee Room
Discuss anything here - everything that you wish to discuss with fellow engineers.
12933 Members
Join this group to post and comment.
Whats In Name
Whats In Name • Jan 11, 2013

Client Side & Server Side Query

Source Internet:

Client side scripting is a script, (ex. Javascript, VB script), that is executed by the browser (i.e. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc.) that resides at the user computer.

Server side scripting, (ex. ASP.Net, ASP, JSP, PHP, Ruby, or others), is executed by the server (Web Server), and the page that is sent to the browser is produced by the serve-side scripting.
Does this mean,Server side 'scripting' produces a client side 'script'?
Whats In Name
Whats In Name • Jan 11, 2013
And when we execute a server side scripting language like (PHP),without internet,does it uses user's computer as server?

I am sorry,if my query sounds vague or moronic..😐
rahul69
rahul69 • Jan 12, 2013
Whats In Name
Source Internet:
Does this mean,Server side 'scripting' produces a client side 'script'?
Well, it may produce a client side script, or it may produce a simple HTML, depending upon the code.
And when we execute a server side scripting language like (PHP),without internet,does it uses user's computer as server?
Actually for that I think we first have to install a web server (eg Apache Tomcat etc.) to run PHP, and yes it uses our computer as a server .
I am sorry,if my query sounds vague or moronic..😐
There is nothing to feel sorry about 😀 , we are always here to help each other out and we all have some weak points which we hope to improve with each others help. That is what makes us a true CEan So.. Good Luck!!👍
Whats In Name
Whats In Name • Jan 13, 2013
Thank you.I will revert back with more doubts😁

Share this content on your social channels -