Chilling Chemistry - The science of Snowflakes

The beautiful hexagonal symmetry of snowflakes big and small are the work of fairly complex atmospheric processes involving blowing hot and cold.
This is an interesting article with an informative video thrown in:

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

More than 60% of heat energy is lost ito the atmosphere in thermal plants. Peter Thiel, the billionaire co-founder of PayPal has set up a foundation Breakout Labs that funds...
Filmmaker David Breashears climbed Mount Everest visited Everest fifteen times and compiled a Two Billion Pixel photograph of this matching Giga peak! Now one can sit in an arm chair...
For those more used to saying 'Bottoms Up!', here is a beer dispenser that is engineered to get refills nine times faster with negligible waste of the draft brew. I...
I hope many of them here had done a project or at least a mini one in college. Am in 3rd year now. There is a spark in my mind...
Found footage showcases the flight of the Wright Brothers' original plane design over the undeveloped Sunset District in San Francisco. https://fora.tv/2010/12/16/Rick_Prel...ion_of_the_Wright_Brothers_The_Sunset_Gliders