Charging our automobile battery by using dyanamo

we can charge our automobile battery by using dyanamo attached to front wheel of our vehicle.
as dyanamo converts rotatory motion into electricity

but we are using lead-acid battery in heavy vehicles like lorry
we may use chargable battery and can save money by generating electricity free of cost

is there any device available in market?

Replies

• Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    Lead acid batteries are chargeable too - what's your point?
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    mayuragarwal
    we can charge our automobile battery by using dyanamo attached to front wheel of our vehicle.
    as dyanamo converts rotatory motion into electricity

but we are using lead-acid battery in heavy vehicles like lorry
    we may use chargable battery and can save money by generating electricity free of cost

is there any device available in market?

Just what is new ! ?

in automobiles we already have devices called alternators attached to the engine, and this device charges the battery, even when the engine is working but the vehicle is not moving(such as when waiting at a signal).
  • mayur agarwal
    mayur agarwal
    #-Link-Snipped-#

ofcourse we can charge but we have to fill the acid after certain interval
    but my question is
    instead of using it we can use some other type of battery which can be charged by dynamo

what's your point?
  • mayur agarwal
    mayur agarwal
    #-Link-Snipped-#

but can we attach to rim of the tyre

is it possible?

because we have a same kind of device which we are using in cycles to generate light in which it is attached to the back rim . As the cycle moves ,then the rotator of the dynamo also rotates as it is attached to rim and it produce electricity whose output is given to the head light and the bulb glows.

what do you say?
  • Anand Tamariya
    Anand Tamariya
    mayuragarwal
    #-Link-Snipped-#

ofcourse we can charge but we have to fill the acid after certain interval
    but my question is
    instead of using it we can use some other type of battery which can be charged by dynamo

what's your point?
    No re-chargeable battery has infinite life. Also, power required for vehicle batteries is much more than what can be provided by Li-ion batteries of same size.

It's not like dynamo concept is not used in vehicles - all two wheelers with kick-start have it!
  • lal
    lal
    Wether the daynamo is coupled to the wheels or engine, fuel has to be burnt to generate electricity. There isn't a specific advantage of connecting it to the wheels. Rather may be a disadvantage that for the battery to start charging vehicle has to move.
  • zaveri
    zaveri
    mayuragarwal
    #-Link-Snipped-#

but can we attach to rim of the tyre

is it possible?

because we have a same kind of device which we are using in cycles to generate light in which it is attached to the back rim . As the cycle moves ,then the rotator of the dynamo also rotates as it is attached to rim and it produce electricity whose output is given to the head light and the bulb glows.

what do you say?

you are right. it may work.

when i was doing my second year in college, a final year guy at that time tried out the same idea, for his project work.

he attached alternators to all four wheels as well as the propeller shaft.

but his reviewers, weren't too happy about it, and they asked him a question: "is this an automobile or a power plant, that you are creating" ?

not that i support the kill-joy reviewers, but the question is why go for another generator, when a better one is already present ?
  • lal
    lal
    The story would be totally different if you find out a way to convert wasted energy in automobiles to electrical energy. The existing regenerative braking is a nice thing that it harnesses the energy wasted while braking and converts it into electricity. May be we can think of a way to use the immense heat generated by IC engines to be used for electricity generation. That will help keep the engine temperature low and some bonus usable energy from what, otherwise, is wasted.
  • mayur agarwal
    mayur agarwal
    ya . That's a nice idea

i will try it and i will do case study on it.
    because we can use heat generated from various machines in industies and can make electricity free of cost++can avoid global warming.
    also we may not suffer from the power cut by inventing such a devices

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

i want to do some project i.e; model presentation in my college but i want to know which project will be better for me? as i am b.tech first year...
I have to querry about outtextxy() function.can i print the user input to the output window using outtextxy() function in c++ language????
How we can Multiply 4 bit binary Numers??Plz Any One Write The Source code for it...plz guys help me....
It all began with the reports of Apple developing a smart, connected wrist-watch that would be a handy companion to your smartphone or tablet. The iWatch was taken up by...
in whay way digital image processing is related to ece.