CrazyEngineers Archive
Old, but evergreen and popular discussions on CrazyEngineers, presented to you in read-only mode.
@ankush chaudhary • 07 May, 2012
hello everyone i would like to know why charge density and current density in free space are zero??????????
@pratap singh, upendra • 24 May, 2012 actual charge density and current density is not zero in free space.

However, when we talk about charge density or current density we more often than not talk about their average values which are of course zero, on account of random motion of charges in one form or the other. These charges behave as a gas molecules that can occupy any position and move in any direction.

when the effect of all charges present in free space is taken together, the resultant is always zero
@Ramani Aswath • 24 May, 2012 • 1 like
ankush chaudhary
hello everyone i would like to know why charge density and current density in free space are zero??????????
Free sace is essentially one hydrgen atom er cubic kilometer. Charges do not exist in isolation. There has to be elctrons or positive ions. Free space has neither.
5.9k views

Related Posts

@ABCD ABCD · Sep 13, 2012

Why HMV/Trucks only use diesel? Why not Petrol? Also, why is it more cheaper than Petrol, even though it gives more mileage? How is CNG different from Petrol and Diesel?
5.8k views

@maria flor · Jan 28, 2011

Route survey is a subject after you have taken the subjects of elementary surveying and higher surveying. This subject is very important to us civil engineers. By means of route...
10.5k views

@Bhudda · Aug 2, 2011

Hi, newbie here; Can anybody point me in the direction of a good tutorial on moment distribution method in a sway frame. It's the one part of structural analysis I...
4.3k views

@Ankita Katdare · Aug 23, 2012

Here is a list of project ideas based on RFID Technology. Students belonging to third year or final year can use these projects as mini-projects as well as mega-projects. This...
8.7k views

@Manish Goyal · Mar 27, 2010

Me with my two friends went for a dinner ..we paid 75 rs as a bill but manager gives us a concession of 5 rs.out of which 2 rs are...
4.4k views