CE - Interview

This thread is a sequel to the following thread -
#-Link-Snipped-#

Let us start the game -

Scene: CE Boardroom

Characters:
You & I
#-Link-Snipped-#
You want to work for CE Labs & I'm conducting your HR Interview.

Rules:-
  1. I (The Big K) will ask typical HR questions.
  2. The candidate (you) will have to read the question and try to answer it in your own words. No copy - paste from anywhere.
  3. You get only 'one' chance to answer. Your answer has to be 'your own'. Write the answer the way you'd speak in a boardroom. Do not use 'long trail of dots' to indicate your thought process.
  4. I and other experienced CEans will then comment on the answer.
Let's not waste time. Here's the first Question -

K: Mr/Ms Tell me about yourself.

-The Big K-

Replies

• aditi
    aditi
    my name is aditi .right now i am pursueing b.tech in electronics and communication from university.i have done my schooling from bal vikas panipat.i belong to a middle class family and i am blessed with one sister.my hobbies are listening to the music and playing chess.and my aim in life is to be a successful electronics and communication engineer working on a valuable post.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    aditi
    my name is aditi.right now i am pursueing b.tech in electronics and communication from university.i have done my schooling from bal vikas panipat.i belong to a middle class family and i am blessed with one sister.my hobbies are listening to the music and playing chess.and my aim in life is to be a successful electronics and communication engineer working on a valuable post.
    Good start Aditi. Now in a typical HR interview, here is how I'd grill you -

-->
    Aditi,
    What kind of music do you listen to? OR Who is your favorite singer?
    Who is your favorite chess player?
    (for above questions, be prepared to answer few more related questions)

Or, how would you define 'successful electronics and communication engineer'?
    <--

Make sure that your answer will lead to many related questions. Therefore, if you talk about Chess, be prepared to have a good GK about 'Chess'. Even the simplest "I like listening to music" , could lead to a long trail of questions. Let us wait for more answers. CEans, feel free to comment.

-The Big K-
    p.s:
    I edited personal information. Please do not mind.
  • aashima
    aashima
    A very Good Afternoon Sir
    I am Aashima, persuing my degree of B.Tech. in electronics and communication stream, 5th semester. I have a good family background. I have an elder brother working. I have always been a placid person by nature and I like to take life the way it comes. I aspire to be a mentally and financially satiated person in life because I believe these two things are the basic requirements of todays life and I am willing to make any possible efforts to achieve that.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Now "Tell Me About Yourself" must be tweaked depending on the interview. Aashima's answer is good for HR Interview. Do not forget to mention about your education and work experience if any.

Let us have more responses before we move on to the next question. It would be great to have comments from CEans who have interviewed candidates during their professional career.

-The Big K-
  • crook
    crook
    Really good thread Bigg K ! I'll contribute to the thread too. Your feedback to Aditi and Aashima's responces are good. Waiting for next response!
  • jayaprakash
    jayaprakash
    Good evening sir,

I am Jayaprakash.I completed my B.Tech in Electrical and electronics engineer. I did my schooling in amalorpavam higher secondary school ,pondicherry.My father is a business man and mom is home maker.I have one sibbling .My hobbies are net surfing and travelling .My aim to become a succesful power systems engineer .My objective is to get challenging and lucrative career .
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My comment for Jayaprakash's responce will be similar to post#3.

Let me not miss out on this point - Never start your introduction with "Myself ". Its incorrect English. "I am " is the what you must use.

Let's now move on to question#2 ->

Following is yet another very common question asked in any HR interview -

Q.> Tell me why do you want to work for CrazyEngineers (or the company you are applying to)?

-The Big K-
  • aashima
    aashima
    Well I always want to be learning as I grow and Crazyengineers has all the means to fulfiill my wish. It does not fixes one at a particular place instead with its diversity, provides an all time learning platform which leads to a continous upgradation of knowledge and latest technology hich is mandatory both for woking people and the company itself.
  • Neha
    Neha
    The_Big_K
    Let's not waste time. Here's the first Question -

-The Big K-
    Good Evening Sir,
    I am Neha Bharadwaj, yet to complete my B.Tech in Computer Science. I love my family and friends. I like doing things differently that makes my work easier. I give primary importance to work and rest all comes after that. I aspire to be a Computer Engineer working in a reputed company like yours.
  • Neha
    Neha
    The_Big_K
    Q.> Tell me why do you want to work for CrazyEngineers (or the company you are applying to)?

-The Big K-
    CrazyEngineers doesn't stick a person to a particular field. Learn while work is what it offers, you can surely learn from other sections while working for one of them and as i said i like doing things differently Crazyengineers let employees do things in their own special way.
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    Well I liked neha's second answer.You are good in your first answer too but what i felt is lack of professionalism. So try and improve the same answer in a different way.
    For eg 'I aspire to be a Computer Engineer working in a reputed company like yours'.
    Instead you can talk about what you want specifically and thats exactly what the job profile offers.Though what you have answered is also impressive but it is more generalised.
  • Neha
    Neha
    integratdbrains
    Well I liked neha's second answer.You are good in your first answer too but what i felt is lack of professionalism. So try and improve the same answer in a different way.
    For eg 'I aspire to be a Computer Engineer working in a reputed company like yours'.
    Instead you can talk about what you want specifically and thats exactly what the job profile offers.Though what you have answered is also impressive but it is more generalised.
    Thanks Namrata..will change my first answer and post it soon.
  • devesh
    devesh
    hello big k
    now whats the next questions?
    we are waiting for the best answers in this forum from your side also,
    so that we can improve also n excel in the interview.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    devesh
    hello big k
    now whats the next questions?
    we are waiting for the best answers in this forum from your side also,
    so that we can improve also n excel in the interview.
    Good to know that someone found this thread useful. Let's revive it. Before throwing more questions, I'd like to mention one point to everyone who is preparing for the interview -

-> Be careful about what you write in your resume!

At least, don't lie! You'll get caught. For example, if you write that you know C++ or "Reading Technology Magazines" is your hobby, be ready to face questions on it. There's no escape. Don't make a mistake.

I'll update the thread soon with more questions & feedback. I'd ask other CEans to share experiences/knowledge regarding the same.

-The Big K-
  • DEP
    DEP
    The_Big_K
    This thread is a sequel to the following thread -

-The Big K-

good morning sir, i am deepti and am pursuing my B.techin IT from I.P university. i have a keen interest in programming and wish to develop a software and earn a good name in the IT world. spending time on net is my favourite pastime finding answers to my unanswered questions.
    also like to spend time with friends , play TT. thats all about me.thankyou sir.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    DEP
    good morning sir, i am deepti and am pursuing my B.techin IT from I.P university. i have a keen interest in programming and wish to develop a software and earn a good name in the IT world. spending time on net is my favourite pastime finding answers to my unanswered questions.
    also like to spend time with friends , play TT. thats all about me.thankyou sir.
    We've started a wonderful offering called 'CE-Interviews' ( check out the details in this thread -

#-Link-Snipped-# )

As we realized, it would make sense to prepare a general set of guidelines with help of seasoned interviewers. A guide is under development and will be launched on CE soon. ๐Ÿ˜€

Let's hold on for some more time. In the mean time, I'd request all CEans to contact Mayur ( mayur at crazyengineers dot com ) for a free mock interview. Find all details in the above mentioned thread ๐Ÿ˜€

-The Big K-
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    Admin please put life in this thread once again... I personally found this thread very useful especially for freshers..
  • Neema Ambhurkar
    Neema Ambhurkar
    I just stumbled upon this thread and I too think that this thread could prove to be useful especially for the soon-to-be interview appearing candidates.
  • shreyasm89
    shreyasm89
    @Biggie- This thread needs to be revived at the earliest many of us need it!
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    @All: This is an old thread.

Please check this thread --> #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

CEan FerLich celebrates his 53rd Birthday today! FerLich a Crazy Chemical Engineer! Many HaPpy Returns of the Day, FerLich! ๐Ÿ˜ -The Big K-
"Honesty is the best policy." This sentence is one of those sentences being taught since our childhood but hardly 1/10 implements it. The question is in the present world of...
Re: Introduce Yourself - Let's know each other! Sorry, I can't use the template, that's too conformist. ;-) I'm Romeos_person - because Romeo is my cat and he rules the...
well guys considering da fact tat no sequel xcept munnabhai worked wat do u guys say about dhoom2
Hello CEans! We are about to complete one year of our existence on the Internet ๐Ÿ˜! Over the past 11 months, we built a team of 1400+ Crazy Engineers. CE...