CE Frontpage Switching To A Simpler Layout

CEans,

Just wanted to give you an idea of what we're currently working on. The CrazyEngineers frontpage design we adopted months ago is being switched to a very simple layout. We wish to operate it more like a blog than a content management system. That is, you will see all our VoiCE Posts and Small Talks being the front page headlines.

It also means that the frequency of posts on CE frontpage will be quite higher than what it is right now. We plan to include a large variety of stuff on CE Frontpage. We'll also start accepting guest posts on the front page by CEans. So you'll have the opportunity to be on CE's front page and be famous among our global engineering audience!

Why are we making the changes:-

1. Our current look is pretty, but not very useful. Most often, more content is published to our official blog 'VoiCE' but not to Small Talks.

2. Under current layout, the VoiCE posts aren't clearly visible (unless of course you know how to visit VoiCE).

3. It will also pressure our editors to add great content for all of you.

We're currently performing tests and see whether everything works fine. Final decision and implementation will only follow if we're 100% satisfied with the results.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The first beta of CrazyEngineers new site is now live on CE. You can check it out by hitting the 'Home' button above.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I'm optimizing the site. The images are heavily cut-down because they contribute to page load times. I am sure that you'll find the new portal much faster than our earlier one.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    biggie why is the older version back:?:
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    CIVILPRINCESS
    biggie why is the older version back:?:
    The test environment and actual environment are bit different and we encountered few errors. That's why we've decided to keep the older layout intact. I think it's better to test it thoroughly and release it only when we're 100% satisfied.
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    oh ok then. πŸ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Has anyone noticed minor changes to CE Front page? 😁
  • Reya
    Reya
    Yeah i love the way the front page is designed!Looking very neatπŸ˜€

@Biggie:Why the space below that "Like us on facebook" is left??Why dont you fill that space??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Yes, it'll be filled very soon. 😁
  • Deepika Bansal
    Deepika Bansal
    The home page has now become much more informative. All the activities of ce can now be accessed from the single location. This is definitely going to help ce freshers and the guest users. great work ce developer team. πŸ˜›πŸ˜›

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

EG333 By Micromax boasts High Speed Internet Access Provided By Tata Photon+ service. Micromax is known for Dual SIM phones and this phone supports Photon (CDMA) + (GSM) networks [...
iPad2 will be launched in the first week of February 2011. It will have iPhone's Retina Display and also front and back end cameras. If you are looking to buy...
CEans, We've integrated Facebook Login on CrazyEngineers. We'll also start supporting registration with Facebook ID. If you have a facebook account, simply hit the F-Connect button above and connect your...
I am using a DC push-type solenoid as the mechanism for shooting in my robotics project. I have to use 12V DC supply and have to shoot TT balls for...
hi friends,i am doing a project in detecting the pose of object/human in a video.any regarding how to start or go about the project is highly appreciated.any links or books...