CE Documentation Project - Phase I

CE Documentation Project - Phase I
(Defining the scope of project)
​

Those who are new, let me quicky introduce CE Documentation Project to you -

CE Documentation project is aimed at helping our new members quickly get familiar with CE viz. about CE, what we do, how to use forums, how to post messages, posting rules etc.

We plan to achieve this through creation of short articles/videos/ that explain important points under any title.

This is the phase - I of the project and I'll list out various areas on which we need to create documentation to help our new members -

[All articles, videos will be made available in our New Members' Joint Section]. The members will be notified about them through notices in the forum header.

Addendum (Date: 03 February, 09. 7:00 pm IST) [Suggested by CEan-Shalini in CE Conference] 0.99. A short guide explaining the complete registration process. Should extend up to activating the account through account activation link.

1. A brief quick start guide for people familiar with the concept of forums.
(Contains: About CE, Posting Rules, Where to get started. Should not be more than 3 maximum 4-line paragraphs)

2. Brief guide on how to post on CE Forums ( Already available. Can be modified if needed )

3. Brief guide on how to use CE Conference.

4. Brief guide on how to send private messages.

5. Brief guide on how to post profile visitor messages.

6. Brief guide on who to contact for help on CE Forums.

This thread is now open to all questions/queries on Phase - I. If you have suggestions/comments post them in this thread. I'll freeze the phase -I in a day or two depending upon the suggestions/inputs we get.

Replies

• shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    To start with, I have many questions

1. What is the use of link -"Mark Forums Read" on following page
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. Why moderators are classified twice in following link:
    #-Link-Snipped-#

3. What is so special about Special CEans in following link and in what type of help newbies should approach to whom?
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Please answer these I will keep on asking more πŸ˜€.

[PS: For all CEans who know more about this forum than me and have interest in making this project and have ever used softwares like CamStudio or Wink(both freewares) and most important have enough time to devote here can reply back. πŸ˜€]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Oh I've never seen that Show Group link. Look.. Administrators is a plural *hint hint*

Hm, is Special CEans still used? I feel its a bit of a legacy title πŸ˜›

If you guys are planning to use CamStudio, make sure you guys use the SWF producer to finalize the movie file into a flash file. Then host the file on a website called Fileden.

Its near impossible to upload the screencast video into YouTube without losing quality πŸ˜”
    Click for examples -> Ashraf Husni Zai - YouTube
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think this is not the right place to answer those questions. They should be posted in our New Members Joint Section.

But since the questions have been asked, let me answer -

1. Every time you visit the forum and login, there are unread threads (or the new threads) just like you have unread mails in your mailbox. You may click on 'New Posts' button to view all new threads since your last visit. You may choose to mark 'All read' by clicking on the link so that you want all to declare that all you have read all threads and wish to be presented with new threads opened between your current login and next login.

2 & 3: That is because of the internal arrangement of usergroups. Special CEans was the category we had created long time ago (and hasn't changed). Our new titles allocation activity is due; therefore we'll reform the special CEans group.

Further questions should be posted in New Members' Section. Please keep this thread confined to CE Documentation Phase - I
  • shalini_goel14
    shalini_goel14
    ash
    If you guys are planning to use CamStudio, make sure you guys use the SWF producer to finalize the movie file into a flash file. Then host the file on a website called Fileden.
    Hey Wow ash !

CamStudio is much much better than Wink. It saves a lot of time and issues that we face in Wink. Thanks for suggestion.πŸ˜€
  • babloo0311
    babloo0311
    shalini CamStudio is better like ash suggest,

ash saw the video, it was not much clear. Is there anyway to make more clear and better quality.

ash
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think I shall keep this thread open for next 24 hours and then freeze the phase I. Do not go off topic in this thread. We need to complete this project as soon as possible.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    ok.

so would it be good if few of us take responsibility of various processes including navigation through various panels, question section, discussion threads.
    may be some can talk as they navigate I mean audio and video πŸ˜€
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    babloo0311
    shalini CamStudio is better like ash suggest,

ash saw the video, it was not much clear. Is there anyway to make more clear and better quality.

ash
    Yep, they arent clear. Since screen sizes are big, and youtube frames are small, no point in uploading there.

So far, doing it in flash seems to be alright. CamStudio as a SWF producer which converts AVI files into flash. File size is not big, and quality isnt so bad either:
    This is one I did before: #-Link-Snipped-#

Ok, lets freeze the objectives and get started with it!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, I'm freezing the objectives. Post #1 contains the objectives. We'll soon begin our work on Phase II of the documentation project. I've added point 0.99 as per CEan - Shalini's suggestion.

Phase II will involve setting up of guidelines & format of our documents so that our guides/articles/videos look uniform.

Phase III will involve distribution of work to volunteers and setting up the schedule.
  • Mayur Pathak
    Mayur Pathak
    I need to add a point before you freeze this.

I think we need to write short introductions for each section. So that people know what is the purpose of each section. I know there are sticky posts. We can re-look at those as well.

Other objectives are very basic. Do we have separate ownerships for each objective?

PS: Ideally we should classify this project as an editorial activity.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi frds I'm doing a proj based on topic SOA(Service Oriented Achitecture). It ll be helpful for me to proceed wit some information. Pls send me if u hav information...
Folks, Let's say in next few years we'll have our own campus with our buildings, departments, gardens et al. What I want you to imagine is - how'd you like...
I have downloaded some Electrical E books, I like to share it with my Great friends. download it if u needed..... Say thanks if u really like it
πŸ˜•Can anyone suggest which laptop is suitable for me. I am a btech(cs) IInd year student... need it just for programing,gaming,surfing ..... and stuffs. please help..I am in a fix.
Hi! I am 3rd IT student at NIT-K,Surathkal. Looking for an internship in any startups. Can anyone please help out?