Cars that fit in your pocket and also makes you go out of pocket

These scale model replica cars are 1/43 times the original. For the life of me I do not understand why 1/43? Exquisitely detailed and probably very expensive (Not @ 1/43 scaled down price perhaps!) these are engineering marvels in their own right.
#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    bioramani
    These scale model replica cars are 1/43 times the original. For the life of me I do not understand why 1/43? Exquisitely detailed and probably very expensive (Not @ 1/43 scaled down price perhaps!) these are engineering marvels in their own right.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    As per my knowledge the design corresponds to 1950s to 1960s. It mimics an American automotive of that time. Body frame is made in steel rather than Aluminum used nowadays. The car which is now downscaled must have been a sensation during its time.

But now downscaled to 1/ 43? What does it mean?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Issue
    But now downscaled to 1/ 43? What does it mean?
    These are small models for collectors.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    bioramani
    These are small models for collectors.
    Yes yes. But the number confuses me. It could had been 1/ 50 or 1/ 40 (a round number.)
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Issue
    Yes yes. But the number confuses me. It could had been 1/ 50 or 1/ 40 (a round number.)
    This may help. It seems to do with European 'O' scale used for model trains.
    1:43 Scale

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Soccer is supposedly an engineer's game. The problem with engineers (AKA CEans) is that they will never leave well enough alone. They have to fiddle with it, add (unnecessary) engineering...
i wish to study ME or Mtech in mechanical branch.. i need to know the branches which are valuable...im interested in working with automobile field after ME or MTECH...
Something tree huggers will love. As also engineers. Even the sane ones. The tentsile is an ingenious hammock kind of tent house that is an engineering achivement. Whether hanging from...
Here are some interesting insights into why we yawn and why we twitch just before falling asleep. A doctor told me once that the twitch could be genetic. I tendedc...
I just Saw BSNL Tablet in One website I am really interested to buy how can i buy this tablet