Career Choice - Need Serious Help!

wel guys, i hv jst completed my 10+2, with not very satisfactory marxs, but fair enough to be eligible for b.tech. i paid no attention to studies in 11 and 12, sumthing i regr8, but now i have got a few colleges in hand, local ones in up, with not very good reputation, alos i have manipal university in hand, with a good rank , eligible for communiction. now i am confused, i think if i drop i can do reli well in all india enginering xams n secure good rank next year plus gain my confidence back.. but other hand i have manipal, a prestigious college, where i dont have to waist a year.... i rlei dunno which road should i choose, plz help!!!! all ur comments are welcome, but plz dunt make encourage me, i noe i made a mistake by playing 10+2, i secured 93% in 10th though, plz help

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Is communication the discipline that you want to pursue or is that what Manipal is offering you? This is important because, if that is not the path you want to follow, then you may again do (or did not do) and repeat what happennned in 11 and 12.
    On the other hand if communication is your passion, why wait? Just do it, get your confidence back and save one year. That you got 93% in 10th should indicate to yourself that you are not a dud and that you can do well if you want. That you feel you did not is neither here nor there. Just accept responsibility for it and move on.
    If your interests are in some other branch, your option to redo the exams and get into a different discipline at the cost of one year is alright. Take it that that is the price that has to be paid.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If Manipal University is offering you the engineering discipline of your choice, then there's no point in wasting time repeating the whole year. Plus engineering admissions are getting a makeover in 2013, which makes it a littler riskier path to follow in your case.

Focus on getting the branch of your choice and if you take my advise, engineering is more about self-study. Most of the colleges in India aren't qualified to be engineering colleges at all. Manipal University may be an exception.

Do not feel bad about not performing well in 10+2. You'll realize that the marks won't matter at any step in your career, except for the admissions. Don't repeat what you thought was a mistake. Be active on CE forums, you'll learn *a lot* here. 😀

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

An amzing feat of moving an entire 122 year old building, the Machine Factory Oerlikon building in Zurich, by 60 metres foundation and all is on. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18168278
Steve Crocker, who invented the RFCs: https://www.wired.com/wiredenterpris...+wired/index+(Wired:+Index+3+(Top+Stories+2))
Heat resistant paperlike foldable 3D memory chips have been patented by Rice University: https://www.eetindia.co.in/ART_88006...CLE_ALERT&jumpto=view_welcomead_1333056688937
InstaCRT is an app that gives your digital photos a trip to the real world - and back again! Amazing, isn't it? There are people out there who are growing...
In this video, NEST demonstrates how to remove your old thermostat, label wires, screw the Nest Learning Thermostat into your wall, insert wires into Nest's base, and mount the Nest...