Career after electrical engineering

What should we learn after electrical engineering which have good scope now and also in future? I wish to know about trainings and certifications that I can enroll in to maximize the job prospects and career opportunities.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    On the job training is one of the best trainings you can ever have. You can of course enroll yourself to various courses of your interest, but nothing would really beat the actual experience that you'll get while working on projects or tasks.

What are the subjects of your interest in Electrical Engineering? I'd recommend taking up a course related to that topic. Also, have you identified any courses on your own that you think you should take?
  • jaspinder kaur
    jaspinder kaur
    The_Big_K
    On the job training is one of the best trainings you can ever have. You can of course enroll yourself to various courses of your interest, but nothing would really beat the actual experience that you'll get while working on projects or tasks.

What are the subjects of your interest in Electrical Engineering? I'd recommend taking up a course related to that topic. Also, have you identified any courses on your own that you think you should take?
    Sir,
    M glad u replied.... Actually I am working in C & S ELECTRIC LTD. as GET.Its TC division making contactors,motor starters and relays.But i don't find this job too interesting..I am in quality department and responsible for product audit there.I am looking up to take course of PLC.I am still not sure about this.I can take out 2 hrs a day to learn something new and Sunday.Please recommend something.Subjects of my interest were microprocessor, micro controller,Machines and VHDL....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you're interested in PLC then go for it. I don't have any specific courses in mind (this thread is open to suggestions from all our CEans). I'd recommend taking a course that'd enable opportunities for the field that you're looking to work in. VHDL could be an interesting domain you may look at. I've encountered several job openings in recent past for VHDL folks. I'll keep you updated if I encounter any job opening.
  • jaspinder kaur
    jaspinder kaur
    yes and according to you whats the scope in switch gear industry?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    jaspinder kaur
    yes and according to you whats the scope in switch gear industry?
    I believe there would be a lot of opportunity in the Research & Development area in that industry. Don't have much information about it, unfortunately. Let's wait for responses from our fellow electrical engineers here.
  • jaspinder kaur
    jaspinder kaur
    Ok thanks for information....it was helpful....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Apple has announced the new iMac 2012 with upgrade specifications and of course price. We'll give you the bad news first - the new Apple iMac (2012) price in India...
I found an excellent dictionary "Engineering - The Illustrated Dictionary Of Electronics by Tony, Tim, and Samuel" which describes alomost all technical terms. i found that at: https://23ebooks.blogspot.in/2012/10/free-download-engineering-illustrated.html Suggest some...
I'm developing a website for my friend. I'm stuck in a place where i need to create a folder -in a second server not directly accessible for public-and populate it...
Can all CEans tell what according to you is the criteria they look in a person to be a role model
A ball like structure which will float in water , and such 4 -5 balls make box sink provided box alone will also float in water, may be with some...