career advice

hi i m persuing final year cse.. i gave gate exam but could not cleared... i m an average student but still wants good job.. can u tell me in which direction i should go? I m simply asking for the oppotunities that i m having but jst nt awared abt them.. please help n do reply

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    sakshi0562
    hi i m persuing final year cse.. i gave gate exam but could not cleared... i m an average student but still wants good job.. can u tell me in which direction i should go? I m simply asking for the oppotunities that i m having but jst nt awared abt them.. please help n do reply
    Well, take things one by one -

1. First, focus on your existing subjects and learn them with interest - not just to crack exams but to understand the topics.

2. Start preparing for aptitude tests and interviews (technical as well as HR). You will find plenty of help from our fellow engineers here on CE.

3. Do you really want to opt for M.Tech? It's not mandatory to get a higher degree for a better job.

4. All you should focus on is getting an entry into the IT world. Your progress will depend upon the hard work you put into your work at the job.

Now, with all this done; you should aim to get a certification in the language/tool or domain of your choice. For example, if you want to make a career in development - aim for a certification in any of your favorite language. If you like Java - go for JCP or other certifications. If you wish to go into software QA, there are certifications avialble from ISTQB. If you wish to get into networking - look for Cisco or other other certifications etc.

The key is to keep your head calm and do things one by one. Do not aim directly for MNCs if you're not an above average students. You can start with any small company and be at a better position than your MNC friends in just 4 years. I've seen this happening over and over again! Play the long term game, not the short term.
  • N.Arun Ganesh
    N.Arun Ganesh
    hi all, im a final yr ECE i need to start my career in a core company, pls suggest me a direction...!..names of core companys..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    N.Arun Ganesh
    hi all, im a final yr ECE i need to start my career in a core company, pls suggest me a direction...!..names of core companys..
    A half-hearted question won't get you any response. You need to start your career and we don't know what's stopping you from it? What direction do you want us to suggest you? Just go apply for the jobs!
  • N.Arun Ganesh
    N.Arun Ganesh
    I just need lists of core company's i can join, so that i joined this forum, so if u have any knowledge pls share it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Very good morning every one need some help to know about how to calculate backup time in hr of a 2000 ah battery bank with the load of 150 amp.
Newly announced Apple iPhone SE will be made available in India in April, with a price tag of only Rs. 39000 for the 16GB (base) model. Now, if you're an...
While going through the basics of rest web services I have seen the use of Download Files from (JAX-RS) RESTful Web Service. Can some one please let me know the...
Entrepreneurship is all about taking control of your own destiny and becoming a problem solver. Hari Prashath M, founder of Triton IT Solutions had humble beginnings as a son of...
Senior author, Xiangdong Yao and his subordinates at Griffith’s Queensland Micro- and Nanotechnology Centre were successful in replacing platinum as an electro-catalyst for hydrogen preparation from water. The team considers...