Career advice needed about going into software fields.

Hello sir/madam
1st of all I would like to say I am a fresher graduated this year frm btech in mechanical engg..I was waiting for some campus placement results but now got selectet in none..I was hoping to find a career in core companies but it seems next to impossible to me now.

So I would like to enter in software field.
regarding that I would like to know what I have to do now to enter into a software company with my own effort??
I have heard that an institute in bengaluru named QSPIDER/JSPIDER is offering some training courses followed by placements ..and also heard about elitmus and amcat..

As I am now remained with no option rather than trying out some software line..

In ur opinion what would be the best option I should go accross??
Help me out

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I don't think entering into software field because you aren't getting a job as a mechanical engineer is a good idea. It'd be disastrous to your career. You'll need to have patience and keep looking for jobs. You may want to start with a small company that lets you work in the field of your interest and then build your career from there.

But if you've made up your mind to get into software field, you should start looking at courses that are relevant to mechanical engineers. Look for courses in CAD, CAM and find out a good institute where you can get enrolled. The institute will provide you with placement assistance; which should increase your chances of getting placed in a software company.

Also keep an eye on the walk-ins. If you can; move to a place where there are plenty of jobs aka the IT Hubs in India viz. Bangalore, Noida, Pune, Hyderabad etc.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

sir please give me some info about Maglev Elavators
hi, i am in bangalore searching for best training centre for plc scada..... i am electrical and electronics graduate..... can anyone tell the best institues that can help me with...
Hi all, Let me introduce myself, I am an embedded software developer. I was working with Toshiba. I have a passion towards UCs' and embedded systems. However like many of...
why transformer efficiency is high only when core loss is equal to copper loss?
I am not looking for any location specific centers. Please suggest me centers which has maximum percentage in placement. I am open to any course PG-DAC,PG-DMC,PG-DITISS,PG-DBDA,PG-DSSD,PG-DGi. Please suggest me if...