Can two or more people have the same IP address ?

Hello friend's,
I wnat to know that is it possible to two people can have the same internet protocol(ip) address.

Replies

• Gurjeet Singh
    Gurjeet Singh
    As i practically did when we had taken a connection of internet and when i am assigning the manual IP for the LAN,if one is not connected and you assigned the same IP to other one. it works ,but it showed Windows IP conflicting(a notifcation in corner).

correct me if i am wrong.
  • optimystix
    optimystix
    yes

whether it is for the same connection or not, one can assign multiple ips to different system.
    depending on what kind of connection it is and what kind of work one is doing on it, it will show different errors.
    on a simpler level, like cooldudeiet said, it will put up a notification saying that the ips are confliction. but it will still work fine
  • XPro
    XPro
    Yes .... two different computer systems can have same IP over a same NETWORK but it will create a IP CONFLICT ........ To resolve this you will have to change one IP of two ........ OR try making the MAC(Media Access Control) address same for both computer system ....

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello, can anyone from CE would like to tell me regarding wok culture in a BPO company like HCL BPO. And career growth prospects in a BPO company. Whether its...
Can anyone tell me what to prepare for the interview of technical support officer post? Please tell me where I can find contents to prepare for such interview at fresher/entry...
Hi guys! This is my special post as I completed 1 year as a CEan. 😀 I've joined CE on July 9th, 2009. I completed 1 year journey in our...
Hello guys, As i am new here i want to know how marks i have to secure to get admission in iit's with computer science stream. 😒
An awesome competition for biomedical engineering competition by Techfest, IIT Bombay,Asia's largest science and technological festival, named Elixir see here : www.techfest.org/initiatives/elixir 😁