1. Home >
  2. Apps >
  3. Groups >

Can mechanical engineers get into software jobs?

Question asked by Kanagavel90 in #Mechanical on Dec 29, 2012
Kanagavel90
Kanagavel90 · Dec 29, 2012
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
this is kanagavel.. i have completed mechanical engg..I would like to go to software field. Can mechanical engineers get into IT field??..If so how??..Which course should i have to do to get in...Is there any internships or training programs happening??Please help me Posted in: #Mechanical
Ramani Aswath
Ramani Aswath · Dec 29, 2012
Rank A1 - PRO
How about some CAD/CAM kind of thing? I know a few people who got into CNC, robotics, mechatronics sort of areas which need a sound Mech E background with programming skills. FEA is another potential area.
May be you can do an MS PhD at IIT M kind of place.
https://mech.iitm.ac.in/designarea.php
Kanagavel90
Kanagavel90 · Jan 2, 2013
Rank E1 - BEGINNER
Can mechanical Engineers go into textile field??Because i have one opening in textile industry..If i join there how would be my growth..Is it a good field to earn more money??post of the job is Merchandiser..if you know about this field please help me...
supriya VN gowda
supriya VN gowda · Feb 21, 2020
Rank C2 - EXPERT

Well, if you know basics of java you can choose testing in some of the service based companies like TCS, Wipro, Capgemini and Nelson pvt Ltd. 

If you know working on selenium it will be interesting topic to learn and you can get jobs in Mac's. Or you can do any course related to IT background like python, java, web designing (html, css, php, JavaScript, angular jst, react js, node js), .Net and you can get jobs in IT sector. 

If you like doing HR jobs then it will be better than doing any other extra courses. 

You must log-in or sign-up to reply to this post.

Click to Log-In or Sign-Up