Can mechanical engineers get into software jobs?

this is kanagavel.. i have completed mechanical engg..I would like to go to software field. Can mechanical engineers get into IT field??..If so how??..Which course should i have to do to get in...Is there any internships or training programs happening??Please help me

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    How about some CAD/CAM kind of thing? I know a few people who got into CNC, robotics, mechatronics sort of areas which need a sound Mech E background with programming skills. FEA is another potential area.
    May be you can do an MS PhD at IIT M kind of place.
    Untitled Document
  • Kanagavel90
    Kanagavel90
    Can mechanical Engineers go into textile field??Because i have one opening in textile industry..If i join there how would be my growth..Is it a good field to earn more money??post of the job is Merchandiser..if you know about this field please help me...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hello. i am considering two projects for my fyp. one of them is sound localization. can anyone please help me find a sound card with multiple inputs? that is, it...
i got 40th rank in section A+B..i want to know which is the best centre for pg-dac. is there any difference b/w noida and pune centre?
If one can hurl lightning precisely at targets one can have the weapon of Greek Gods and Startrk heroes. Scientists and engineers at Picatinny Arsenal in New Jersey have done...
guys please anyone can give me some information or links for DRY ICE BLASTING, and electro static braking. please.
Covering things from GPS controlled Mortars, helmet sensors, to manned-Unmanned teaming software software and much more shows how IT has pervaded mundane military practice. https://www.designfax.net/cms/dfx/opens/article-view-dfx.php?nid=4&bid=202&et=featurearticle&pn=04