Can anyone help with a question please....

Hi there,
This is my first post on the forums (hello all!) and I have a theoretical question that's been bugging me - I'm really hoping somebody here might be able to answer it....

If a one metric tonne weight was raised to a height of 5m and then allowed to descend in a controlled manor whilst connected to a system of cogs & gears which in turn are connected to a turbine/generator - by the time it's descended how much electricity could be generated?
I'm thinking it could be around 0.01 Kwh but could really do with somebody else's input.

Much appreciated,
Simon

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone This is George K Joy .I'm doin my B Tech CSE @ College Of Engg Trivandrum..Ma hobbies are watchin movies and reading tech books .My aim in life...
I'm a JAVA programming student and looking forward to some Java Based Projects for submission to our college projects. Anyone with creative ideas?
Can someone explain to me how I can communicate with another computer over a wireless LAN network. Suppose I want send a single byte such as the decimal number 43...
I'm a little surprised this movie hasnt been mentioned yet on CE. Robert Downey Jr portrayed Tony Stark pretty well. A kick butt movie, with lots of crazy action and...
CEans, This is your once in lifetime opportunity! Mr. William Baker, Chief Structural Engineer of Burj Dubai - World's Tallest Building has agreed to answer your questions! ๐Ÿ˜ Now, we...